- As low as $549/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Internet access
- Jetted bathtub
- Living room
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 3700 sq ft (344 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Approximately 3700 square feet
Available now for long or short term! This Pre-Revolutionary Period home offers all the appeal and history you would expect from a home that is over 200 years old. Located in downtown Charleston in the charming South of Broad. Savor all that Charleston has to offer with just a short walk to spectacular eateries, galleries, stores and parks. This entirely furnished home is a 4/4 with two half baths. All utilities are included with lawn maintenance. The memorable detailed moulding, striking lighting, multiple fireplaces, enormous doors and windows are what give this home it's Charleston charm. The first floor features an broad entry with a formal living room and dining room, bedroom, bath, kitchen and laundry room. The kitchen features a gas range, dishwasher and refrigerator. The separate laundry room is equipped with a washer, dyer and a deep laundry sink. Upstairs you will find the additional three bedrooms with private baths, all offer plenty of space for your clothing. You will also find a more casual living area that offers today's amenities. One of the most fun features of this historic home is the extraordinary piazza overlooking the gardens designed by Loutrel Briggs. Appreciate all year round and soak in the scenery that it offers whether it is cool fall evenings or those unforgettable summer nights. The exterior features a gated entrance and a sizable driveway for multiple cars with plenty of parking. Lease terms are: 30-days or longer. Animals are not allowed at this property. Property must be viewed either in person or by virtual appointment prior to submitting an application. Please go to https happyhomespm com rental-search to schedule a showing or call us at to schedule a showing using our automated scheduling system. If your application is approved please accept this notice that you will be charged a $150 Lease Administration Fee to cover all administrative and logistics costs for getting you set up to move into your new home. A $35 fee Houzlet publishes listings on Vrbo; which in turn, accepts tenants to instantly rent seasonal units. Houzlet’s properties are managed by licensed real estate agents. Although the property is an instant rental, it’s possible there can be another pending application. If the home is not available, we can offer you another suitable option or you can cancel for complimentary.
The returnable policy is as follows:
1. 100% refund less the service fee if you cancel 30 days prior to move-in.
2. 100% refund less the service fee if you are not approved to rent or the home is unavailable.
3. Not returnable if you are within 30 days from arrival or if you signed the leased with the Agent (whichever comes first).
Please note this property may require a tenant screening at an additional cost to you. You will be required to sign a lease with the landlord. Security deposit vary and range from USD 500 up to one full month rent that is payable directly to the landlord.
About the Area
Located near the beach, this apartment is in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Calhoun Mansion and Nathaniel Russell House are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as sailing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Finding the best Charleston area vacation property experience:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Summer is high season in Charleston. Reserving a rental home in the Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- The sooner you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation home.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guides contain money saving offers on nearby accommodations and attractions.
Selecting the perfect vacation home in the Charleston area area:
- First, have your group agree to date ranges and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. 4 Bedroom Single_family L-(554415) by Houzlet has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is generally available on booking pages. Otherwise, contact the host before reserving the rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Visiting for a specific event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the property management company about pet restrictions before booking.
Have a wonderful stay:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home. Store the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Document any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately contact the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if a dispute is filed.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at departure. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a excellent stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.1 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.1 miles
- White Point Garden - 0.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.4 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.4 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.4 miles