About this Property
- Sleeps 30
- 12 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3800 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Gorgeously restored property 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our property provides 8 on-site parking spots with room to maneuver without blocking other cars.
You will know you are in the South as the property has 6 impressive palms, a live oak tree and a sizable sycamore tree that greats you. The property consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top floor of the first home and Unit C which is a two story home next to the first home.
We have installed CAT-6 cables throughout our property to provide faster, more reliable and more secure internet. Plus we have a great sound system for appreciating your music selection!
Each unit has four bedrooms with queen beds, and a sleeper couch in the living room sleeping 10 individuals per unit. The opened layout with full kitchen and comfortable living room furnishings provide a great place to hang out before or after exploring Charleston. Each unit has its own personality, flip through the photos: Unit A has a more coastal feel, Unit B modren rustic feel and Unit C is a more modern feel. Our goal for the remodel was to provide Charleston appeal with modern, comfort and convenience. We were happy during our renovation to uncover numerous original fireplaces which although non-operating add a lot of character. Fireplaces are in each of the three living rooms and also numerous bedrooms. Charm is also added with the original wood floors in all units and exposed beams in the living room of Unit B. All units have brand new furnishings and furnishings.
All 3 Living Rooms– Savor gathering in a cozy ambiance. Each living room has cozy seating including a comfortable pull-out queen sleeper couch couch. Lots of lighting, lamps and dimmable ceiling lights, accepts you to set the atmosphere. Also featured is a huge 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV and a state-of-the-art sound system. Unit C has a spiral staircase.
All 3 Kitchens - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. High end granite, under-counter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, enormous refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the amenities of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes.
All 12 Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 12 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally comfortable queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our pretty well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are equipped with 33" SMART TV's with CAD-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
6 Bathrooms: In units A and B there are two bathrooms, the bigger bathroom is located outside of the bedrooms on the right side of the home It offers a huge shower with dual shower heads, frame-less shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home.. It is gorgeously decorated with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. Unit C has a handsome bespoke shower stall with frame-less shower doors and tiled shower walls/ floor and a granite topped vanity in the downstairs bathroom. For those who prefer baths, the upstairs has a freshly remodeled bathroom featuring a nice tub/shower and a large granite topped vanity.For your enjoyment, luxury towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied.
Laundry: In Units A and C we have full size stackers that are State of the Art, offering many settings including a steam option. We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer in Unit B. Laundry detergent is included. Ironing board and iron also supplied.
Need less space? - If you do not need all 3 units for your size group, check out our other Vacation Rental By Owner listings where you can rent each unit separately.
See VRBO1237214 – Unit A - 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VBRO1236423 - Unit B - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - Unit C - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Check out the individual listings above to get travelers' reviews. We have been renting these units since April 2018 our ratings are great! We are licensed and allowed by the City of Charleston for vacation/short-term units.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a phenomenal vacation in Charleston, SC!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. With jet skiing, kayaking, and parasailing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best vacation home experience:
Getting the most from your rental budget:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are booked early. Reserving your rental up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your rental.
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. Reserving a rental home in Fall or Spring months is a good way to save on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Some property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites often offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides that include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Choosing and booking the best Charleston area rental home:
- First, have your family choose a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. AWESOME, Southern Charm - DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON has 12 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the property manager before you reserve the rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to determine what is best for your group.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the owner's information to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you're out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Document any damages to the property at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a excellent time? Many rental management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.0 miles