- As low as $329/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 8
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
ABOUT ASHLEY HOME
Please read the entire listing prior to booking.
NOTE: 6 adults only. Will allow additional 2 kids (under age of 18) for total of 8.
Ashley House spans the entire bottom floor of a home constructed in 1885, and freshly modernized to high standards. Savor the 400 square feet of verandah, complete with haint blue coffered ceiling, rocking chairs, and outdoor dining. The interior features a corner Master bedroom with four-poster Queen bed and adjoining full bath.
The second bedroom is at the other end of the home and features tons of light. Second full bath is adjoining, as are full-size washer and dryer.
The living area serves as a flex space with a queen-size sofabed plus two twin beds. Plenty of space for living or sleeping, depending on your needs!
The kitchen is ahhhhhhhh so handsome. Freshly remodeled, features granite countertops, open wood shelving, vintage look fridges, a coffee station, and seating for 8.
Ashley House is half a block off of King Street. WALKABILITY SCORE: 95
***IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Everything that makes this location gorgeous also means it's not suburban peaceful! Our location is excellent for walkability and is surrounded by fantastic dining and entertainment - which includes music venues, including those located close by on King Street. While the City of Charleston has a noise ordinance that starts at 11 pm through 7 am - any loud music should end at 11 pm, even on the weekends - HCVR cannot control our proximity to the liveliness that makes this an impressive location, nor can we be held responsible for adjacent noise out of our control. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. This is not a good location for those that are bothered by urban noises and/or who need complete peaceful in order to sleep. There may be street noises and other sounds typical of an urban location. This unit is on the bottom floor of a sizable home, with potential other guests in the unit above you - and you may hear your neighbors on-site and upstairs. As this building was constructed in 1885 and refreshed to retain the old-world Charleston appeal, the original wood floors do not have modern soundproofing. You may also hear other urban sounds like garbage trucks and other noises coming from the street areas. HCVR will not discount nor refund for noise complaints. By the act of renting this unit, the guest accepts the potential for noise as detailed above.
PARKING: This unit offers ONE off-street parking spot. Additional parking is located a block away in the City of Charleston parking garage at a charge of $18 per day. Note: No tandem parking. No blocking of stairwells or other cars. No motorbikes, scooters, golf carts, or any other type of motorized car. Guests are not to use modest side pad next to home. Guests are not to plug any car into the power outlets in the home, including but not limited to EV (Electric Vehicles). If there is a parking concern, please contact the Host immediately. HOA will tow without warning if parking rules are not followed.
Need even more room?
Please send an inquiry for more availability, including this units "twin" on the upstairs floor. We also have additional units available two blocks away on Saint Philip Street that can accommodate from 4 to even bigger groups of 14 - or any combination, ideal for wedding accommodations and family get-togethers.
No Parties (Note: THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!)
No guests that are not registered with host.
No smoking/candles inside or outside on property
No EV (Electric Vehicles) to be connected to outlets
Quiet Hours 11pm to 7am
**Host/Property Manager reserves the right to terminate the rental immediately due to non-compliance of any of the rules listed above.
REGISTRATION: All guests are required to fill out a Point of Contact including home address. All guests are required to register prior to arrival with names, DOB of all guests, car information, and a copy of drivers license (e-mail to HCVR), and signing a Rental Agreement which will be sent to you via e-mail immediately. After that information is complete you will receive your confirmation e-mail. All guests receive check-in information, including door and wifi codes, 48 hours prior to arrival via e-mail.
SECURITY DEPOSIT $650 as a credit card hold, to be released 7 days past checkout if no issues - security deposit required directly with HCVR. HCVR is a software-connected Host that can charge and collect certain costs using a separate payment method outside of vacation rental portal websites.
TV: Please note that we offer SmartTVs that include some complimentary content apps. Guests are welcome to log into their private app accounts and are responsible for logging off before they leave. We do not offer cable, nor local TV channels.
CANCELLATION: Please review the cancellation policy. There is a 3% credit card processing fee for all cancellations. Please consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Travel Insurance - either through us or elsewhere. Hurricane-related refunds are only given if a mandatory evacuation order for Charleston County is publicly proclaimed by the Governor of SC for the dates of your stay. This does not apply to weather events in a guest's location of departure or transit. No other weather-related, sickness, or flight cancellation events will be refunded, and please note that HCVR follows the cancellation policies. Please note that hurricane season is from early June to late November. Holy City Vacation Units strongly suggests all guests consider the purchase of Travel Insurance to safeguard their travels from unforeseen circumstances.
CONSUMABLES: We offer starter coffee pods/creamer/sugar for the Keurig coffee maker, and may include hotel-size shampoo/conditioner/soap, and other consumables such as laundry pods, laundry detergent, and trash bags as available. If you believe you'll need more than those modest amounts, we ask that you consider bringing additional supplies.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: We ask minimal of our guests upon check-out, but do require the following:
* Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
* Leave towels on floor of bathroom.
* Run the dishwasher if needed.
* Discard all foods from the refrigerator and freezer - Don't leave anything at all in the refrigerator or the freezer.
* Place closed trash bag(s) into the corresponding bin located behind or adjacent to the home near the parking area marked with your unit letter.
* Check to make sure you have taken all of your belongings!
* Close/lock all of the doors (including those to porches and verandahs!)
* Text us when you've checked out!
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is monitored via external perimeter security cameras overlooking exterior public areas such as porches, parking, and common areas. Security cameras record during a guest reservation.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS.
COVID-19 Note: Our housekeeping crew will be adhering to strict CDC and DHEC recommended procedures.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Upper King Design District. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Booking the best Charleston rental home experience:
Getting the best rental value:
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, consider changing your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Some hosts offer discounts for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property management companies typically offer guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Many management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- To start, have your group choose date ranges and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Ashley House: Old World Charm has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible online. Otherwise, contact the host before you reserve the rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you must reserve a rental that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, hosts charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a specific Charleston area destination you are enamored with, look for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before booking
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're away! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- During arrival, make note of any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental to reconfirm you've collected all personal items. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on great reviews to stimulate more bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.0 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Ashley House: Old World Charm?Book Online Get Information Call: