- As low as $469/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
** Please read the entire listing prior to booking. **
*ASK US ABOUT BUY 3 NIGHTS GET1 NIGHT COMPLIMENTARY SPECIALS!
ASHLEY HOME comprises the entire bottom floor of a historic home constructed in 1885, which has been newly modernized to high standards. The home offers a roomy 400 square feet verandah with a gorgeous haint blue coffered ceiling, complete with rocking chairs. Inside, find a corner Main bedroom with a four-poster Queen bed. The second bedroom, located at the opposite end of the home, receives ample natural light.
The living area of Ashley House serves as a versatile space, offering a queen-size sofabed and two twin beds. This flexibility accepts for both comfortable living and additional sleeping arrangements, depending on your needs.
The handsome kitchen, which has newly undergone a charming remodel, features handsome granite countertops, open wood shelving, a vintage-style refrigerator, a dedicated coffee station, and ample seating for up to 8 people. With its blend of historic appeal and modern amenities, Ashley House provides a enchanting and inviting space for guests to savor their stay. Ashley House is half a block off of King Street. WALKABILITY SCORE: 95
NOTE: 6 adults only. Will allow additional 2 kids (under age of 18) for total of 8.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Our location offers the vibrant energy of a lively urban setting, with amazing dining, entertainment, and music venues close by which includes music venues directly behind on King Street. While we comply with the city's noise ordinance and cannot control external noise, we advise guests that street noises and typical urban sounds are to be expected. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. This unit is on the bottom floor, with potential other guests in the unit above you - and you may hear your neighbors on-site. HCVR does not provide discounts or refunds for noise-related complaints. By renting this unit, you acknowledge and accept the potential for noise as described.
PARKING: One off-street parking spot included. Additional parking available at close by City of Charleston garage. No tandem parking, blocking driveways/stairwells. Motorcycles, scooters, golf carts not allowed. Plugging EV cars into home's power outlets prohibited. Contact Host for parking concerns. Non-compliance may result in towing by HOA without prior notice.
NEED MORE SPACE? Inquire about additional units at the same property or two blocks away for bigger groups, weddings, or family get-togethers.
Please send an inquiry for more availability, including this units "twin" on the upstairs floor.
- No events or events allowed.
- Only guests on the reservation and registered with Host are allowed.
- No smoking of any kind, nor candles inside the unit nor outside on the porch, parking areas.
- No family pets allowed.
- EVs (electric cars) are not to be connected to outlets.
- City of Charleston Quiet hours from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Non-compliance may result in immediate termination without refund.
Check-In Time: 4pm
Check-Out Time: 10am
GUEST REGISTRATION: Before arrival, all guests must register with complete names, dates of birth, car information, a valid unexpired photo ID, and acceptance of the renters agreement. A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon submission. Check-in details, including door and WiFi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival. Accurate guest information is required to avoid cancellation without a refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT HOLD: A security deposit hold of $650 is required by HCVR for this unit. It will be released 7 days after checkout if no issues arise. The security deposit hold is placed by HCVR and may involve separate payment methods.
TV: Appreciate SmartTVs with complimentary content apps. Guests can log into their own app accounts and must log off before leaving. No cable or local TV channels supplied.
CONSUMABLES: We offer initial supplies (coffee, creamer, sugar) for the Keurig. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry pods, detergent, and trash bags based on availability. Starter supplies not replenished during stay. Consider bringing additional or buying locally for bigger quantities.
WIFI: Guests have complimentary access to WiFi. Modifying or disconnecting the WiFi service, including for T.V.s, WiFi, and door locks, is not allowed. Any intentional tampering or disconnection of WiFi and/or routers will result in immediate eviction without a refund. Standard internet connectivity supplied; capacity and speed limitations could apply when handling high-bandwidth demands.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Review your reservation's policy. Cancellations within refund period have 3% processing fee. Consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Insurance. No refunds for appliance/internet/HVAC/water issues. No refunds for power outages, internet disruptions, water shortages, flooding, construction, or evacuations due to natural events.
HURRICANE SEASON AND WEATHER EVENTS: Refunds/cancellations for hurricanes are only available with specific Governor-issued evacuation order for Charleston County during your stay. Our policy excludes weather events affecting your departure or transit locations. No refunds for other weather-related incidents, sickness, or flight cancellations as per our cancellation policy. Hurricane season is June to November. Protect your plans by purchasing Travel Insurance from Holy City Vacation Units or a trusted provider.
GUEST COMPLAINTS: Notify the Host promptly to address and resolve issues. Failure to communicate complaints timely forfeits the right to raise concerns. Host not responsible for external noises.
- Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
- Place used towels on bathroom floor.
- Run dishwasher if needed.
- Remove all food from refrigerator and freezer, ensuring nothing is left.
- Dispose of closed trash bags in designated bin near parking area.
- Double-check belongings.
- Close and lock all doors, including porches.
- Send text message to notify check-out.
NOTE: Guests acknowledge housekeeping fee covers standard cleaning (linen change, floor, kitchen, bathroom). Extra cleaning, e.g., biohazardous fluids, may cost up to $1000. Linens/furnishings replaced at replacement value.
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is equipped with external perimeter security cameras to monitor public areas such as porches, parking areas, front doors, and common spaces. These cameras are active and record video and audio for enhanced security during guest reservations. Any attempt to disconnect, cover, or tamper with the cameras will result in immediate eviction without a refund.
PEST CONTROL: Despite routine pest control services, occasional bugs such as flies, ants, mosquitoes, gnats, palmetto bugs, and flying termites are possible in the coastal region of South Carolina, specifically in Charleston. Guests should be vigilant about closing doors to prevent pests from entering. Please note that HCVR does not offer refunds for pest complaints.. If a guest makes a fraudulent claim about pests to seek compensation, they will be charged for a service call from the security deposit.
POLLEN SEASON in Charleston takes place from March to June, peaking in April. During this time, trees release fine-textured pollen that floats through the air, leaving a yellow dust coating on various surfaces. To minimize pollen indoors, it is recommended to keep doors closed. However, it's important to note that HCVR does not offer refunds for complaints related to pollen.
SERVICE ANIMALS: Family Animals are not allowed on the rental property. Any presence of pets will result in eviction and forfeiture of payments. However, service animals are welcome. Owners of service animals must answer two ADA-related questions: 1) Is the animal required due to a disability? 2) What tasks is the animal trained to perform? Guests must provide a rabies vaccination certificate and keep the service animal with them at all times – no crating nor leaving them alone in the unit. Misrepresenting pets as service animals will lead to eviction without a refund and potential penalties as per SC Code Section 47-3-980. Failure to provide requested information will be considered as having a pet, leading to reservation cancellation. Misrepresenting a pet as a service animal may result in eviction and a pet cleaning fee of up to $1000.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS, defined as the person making the reservation on the behalf of others.
Charleston City Permit: 04128
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the best vacation property experience:
Sticking to your budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. Booking your vacation home in the Spring or Fall is a great way to save on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Ask your property manager if discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guide magazines have coupons for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Choosing and booking your Charleston area rental:
- First, have your group select dates and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Ashley House: Old World Charm has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before you book your rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to book a property that allows animals. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Usually, property managers charge additional pet fees.
More considerations for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your smartphone.
- To make sure that damages aren't attributed to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas when you arrive. Speak to the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check the property to confirm that you've packed all personal items at departure. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental one final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the host is not available, take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles