- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00444
Our inviting 1st floor condo, ‘The Vesper’, is ideal for groups of 2-3 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located just off of Cannon Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (exterior) porch stairs, Vesper includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for visitors looking to spend time together or appreciate a meal. Breakfast bar with 3 seats and living room with high vaulted ceilings. Studio style bedroom/living room with Queen and Full sized beds, delight linens and HD Intelligent TV. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Thoroughly supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware.
Guests will have exclusive access to the front of 1st floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the Striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its welcoming neighbors, appealing eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic beauty. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
We can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone. We will supply you with a direct number once you rent.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with special deals for rental properties, dining and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons feature outstanding promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies provide markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual property owners often offer customers an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are offered in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to fit their Charleston area family, from tranquil condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be happy to know that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
How to find and book a great rental property:
Do you think "The Vesper (Historic downtown) - 5 Blocks to Citadel Stadium and King St!" is the best rental property for your upcoming trip? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To ensure the very best selection of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway 6-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by determining which particular area of Charleston area you prefer to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Select a Size
How many family members are joining your trip? Keep in mind that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure that "The Vesper (Historic downtown) - 5 Blocks to Citadel Stadium and King St!" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the group interested in? Do you only desire a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, in town, or near wildlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Appropriate accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your pets. While a number of vacation homes allow furry friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per property. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Besides having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with excellent service..
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "The Vesper (Historic downtown) - 5 Blocks to Citadel Stadium and King St!", in addition to any other fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away. This can protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for renters to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did they feel about the rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be relatively easy. If the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better know how to improve your search next time.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles