- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIncredible LOCATION! Ideal for bigger groups! Wedding events, family holiday - plenty of room for all, but the privacy you want as well. Legal holiday rental on Cannon St, 75 ft from KING St & the Charleston's best bars, eateries & nightlife. Smartly appointed, duplex is work traveler ready with WI-FI, convenient workspaces & COMPLIMENTARY Off Street PARKING for 4 cars. Includes 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 porches, 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms. Walk to everything! Sound proof window inserts installed to create a calming buffer for your downtown urban experience.
City of Charleston Operating Permits: OP2018-00153 & 00378
Charleston is an spectacular city that offers you opportunities to adore history, art, architecture & FOOOOD! If you’re adventurous and want to do some shopping, dining, drinking and urban exploring - Charleston will keep you delighted for days.
Going local gives you the unique perspective of what it’s like to live, work, and play in one of the top travel destinations in the world.
Renting the full duplex gives you plenty of room, as well as privacy for each bedroom. This is a great option for wedding events, as we are within walking distance or a fast uber from most famed venues. The historic Charleston duplex, constructed in 1850, is in the ideal location - just steps from King Street. You will be a brief walk from world-class eateries (The Grocery, The Ordinary are both across the street), stimulating bars & nightlife, local galleries as well as stores, historical sites, museums, and more.
You can rent with confidence knowing that this is a legal, licensed Vacation Rental By Owner brief-term holiday rental - so you don’t have any worries about your reservation being cancelled due to changing local zoning or regulations.
Both units include Intelligent TV and cable service in the living room as well as a ceiling fan in each room, central heat and air conditioning, full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, brita water jug, stackable full size washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, full length mirrors in each bedroom. Each apt has one bedroom with a queen bed, and one bedroom with a king size bed. The downstairs unit also has a futon chair that folds out to a twin size bed. The Apartments A and B, when booked together, can accommodate 8 people and 4 cars. Both upstairs and downstairs feature classic Charleston porches for your group to relax on, and the downstairs unit also has a private courtyard with twinkle lights.
Besides the fantastic food, bars, shopping & nightlife close by - what else makes this location so impressive? Families will savor the South Carolina Aquarium and the Childrens's Museum of the Low Country - both an smooth walk from the apt. For history buffs there are loads of historical sites like Fort Sumter and the Charleston Museum - one of the first museum's in America - very close by as well. Every Saturday the Charleston Farmers Market is at Marion Square - also an straighforward walk from King and Cannon. Our apt is a great location for families visiting college students as it is close to both the College of Charleston COC and the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, and a brief uber, car or bicycle ride to the Citadel.
Looking to exercise while on holiday? Here are some smooth options that will help you get to know Charleston and it's people :
- Rent Bikes across the street at Affordabike Bicycle Shop
Less than a ten min. bicycle ride takes you through the famed "South of Broad" neighborhood and the Battery at the tip of the peninsula.
- Do you adore yoga? Charleston Power Yoga is right around the corner
- Runner's heaven : safe, charming running options through the city streets along the water and over bridges such as the breathtaking vistas of Cooper River Bridge.
- Walkers bliss : urban walking in Charleston is a visual treat. Consider renting a complimentary walking tour with Free Tours by Foot & choose between four different focuses: the Civil War, haunted Charleston, history or architecture.
- Swimming: If you want to dip your toes in the water, or maybe swim some laps in the sea - Charleston offers three different beach islands within a 20 min. drive.
Or maybe just want to eat and drink your way through Charleston - great plan! Here are *some* of the highly reviewed eateries and bars within simple walking distance of the apt : Hominy Grille, Five Loaves Cafe, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Prohibition, Stella's, Trattoria Lucca, Cannon Green, Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Rarebit, Ink N Ivy, HoM Charleston, SOL Southwest Kitchen and Tequila Bar, The Macintosh, Chez Nous, Basil Thai, King Street Public House, 167 Raw, Belmount Parlor, The Darling, Sorghum & Salt, ICE BING Cafe, 492, Barsa, Hall's Chophouse, Smoke BBQ, D’Allesandro’s Pizza, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Tapio - A Boba Tea Cafe, Cuban Gypsy Pantry, Proof... and the list goes on and on. Again all within a block to a few blocks of the apt - and all 4 to 5 stars on Yelp! You shall not go hungry in Charleston.
*NOTE* While the amazing location & being close to the heart of the action is one of the most exemplary things about the unit, it can get noisy at times. To counteract the noise we have installed bespoke sound proofing window inserts (at end of April 2017). We also give sleep machines in both bedrooms, though they are not needed by most people now that we have the sound proofing window inserts. The fire department is located right next door. We savor the additional security of having them (ask for a tour!), but they do run the siren briefly when they pull out of the station. They do not start the full siren until they are past the building - up the street turning onto King St. With our new sound proof window inserts, the sound of the firetruck is minimal - however even before the inserts we never had any guest complaints about the sound of the fire trucks. So now we have the most first-rate of both worlds - a glamourous apt located in the heart of Charleston nighttime life, and a comfortable interior buffered from the street noise!
You will have access to complimentary off-street parking for FOUR cars. Your classic Charleston private porches are great places to relish coffee or drinks. There is also a modest private courtyard behind the building on the lower level. Our apartments feature keyless entry to make your check in simple 24 hours a day, and your stay will be just that more appealing with no keys to lose.
Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee maker, coffee filters, refrigerator, oven/range, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, full length mirror, magnifying mirror, hangers, dishes, washer and dryer, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, vacuum, broom, shampoo, conditioner, soap, beach towels, bath towels and linens.
Our beds are super inviting and include bed bug proof bed and pillow covers.
Additional Business Traveler Ready Items include: High-speed wireless internet, usb charging stations for your devices as well as alarm clocks in each bedroom, sleep machine in front bedroom, desk/workspace in each bedroom as well as in the kitchen, 24 hour check-in with secure keyless entry, and off street parking for 4 cars.
3 Cannon is a non-smoking home. If you need to smoke, please do so outdoor 25 feet away from the doors and dispose of your butts afterwards. Thanks!
Parties are NOT allowed.
min. occupancy is 8 adults.
There are no dogs and cats allowed.
Interaction with visitors
We are not always in town. We have qualified, knowledgeable, local assistant hosts to step in as needed. We are excstatic to help with any issues or give suggestions or advice for your stay via phone or text, but in general we will let you adore the unit on your own.
The Cannonborough neighborhood is one of the most trendiest places in the city. Bordering the midtown section of King Street referred to as "Upper King" the neighborhood extends to the west. Mainly consisting of restored 19th century homes, the borough also offers a variety of local dining hot spots including Hominy Grille, Two Boroughs Larder, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, Five Loaves Cafe, Cannon Green, and many more while maintaining the neighborhood feel.
Staying downtown means that you can walk/bicycle to just about anywhere you want to go. There are two bicycle rental stores half a block from the unit. There is a CARTA bus stop on our block of Cannon St. Hailing a taxi on the street is difficult in Charleston, but there are tons of options for companies that you can call. Also, Uber is very trendy and frequently used downtown. If you have more than 2 cars to park, you can use the public parking garage on King Street only a block away.
No events, drugs or excessive drinking is allowed on the premises.
No unregistered visitors between the peaceful hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
Otherwise Have Fun and Adore!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation houses supply Charleston area area promotional catalogs that feature offers, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the local business itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Want to steer clear of the packed areas and reduce costs? The off-peak seasons generally offer terrific rates on daily rental properties.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors of the same vacation home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some rental homes are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it's downtown units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area activity that you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual home owners typically offer guests the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover just how many properties are offered in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "75 ft from King St, WALK to the Best Restaurants, Shopping & Bars in Charleston" is the best vacation property for your next visit? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Quite often, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is figuring out where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes easier.
Just How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "75 ft from King St, WALK to the Best Restaurants, Shopping & Bars in Charleston" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving a pricey vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental property. Study your contract carefully! Charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Rental management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed call the rental manager immediately. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little bit. Regardless of whether you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation home really needs to be in sound condition. Sinks filled with pots and pans, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should be taken care of before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to provide feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward in regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. How did they like the vacation rental? Maybe everything ended up being exceptional and you're happy to reserve the same property for next season. If not, you've gained valuable experience to aid with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium - 0.9 miles