- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyIncredible LOCATION! Ideal for bigger groups! Wedding events, family holiday - plenty of room for all, but the privacy you want as well. Legal holiday rental on Cannon St, 75 ft from KING St & the Charleston's best bars, eateries & nightlife. Smartly appointed, duplex is work traveler ready with WI-FI, convenient workspaces & COMPLIMENTARY Off Street PARKING for 4 cars. Includes 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 porches, 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms. Walk to everything! Sound proof window inserts installed to create a appealing buffer for your downtown urban experience.
City of Charleston Operating Permits: OP2018-00153 & 00378
Charleston is an spectacular city that offers you opportunities to savor history, art, architecture & FOOOOD! If you’re adventurous and want to do some shopping, dining, drinking and urban exploring - Charleston will keep you delighted for days.
Going local gives you the unique perspective of what it’s like to live, work, and play in one of the top travel destinations in the world.
Renting the full duplex gives you plenty of room, as well as privacy for each bedroom. This is a great option for wedding events, as we are within walking distance or a fast uber from most outstanding venues. The historic Charleston duplex, constructed in 1850, is in the ideal location - just steps from King Street. You will be a brief walk from world-class eateries (The Grocery, The Ordinary are both across the street), appealing bars & nightlife, local galleries as well as stores, historical sites, museums, and more.
You can rent with confidence knowing that this is a legal, licensed Vacation Rental By Owner brief-term holiday rental - so you don’t have any worries about your reservation being cancelled due to changing local zoning or regulations.
Both units include Intelligent TV and cable service in the living room as well as a ceiling fan in each room, central heat and air conditioning, full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, brita water jug, stackable full size washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, full length mirrors in each bedroom. Each apt has one bedroom with a queen bed, and one bedroom with a king size bed. The downstairs unit also has a futon chair that folds out to a twin size bed. The Apartments A and B, when booked together, can accommodate 8 people and 4 cars. Both upstairs and downstairs feature classic Charleston porches for your group to relax on, and the downstairs unit also has a private courtyard with twinkle lights.
Besides the awe-inspiring food, bars, shopping & nightlife close by - what else makes this location so impressive? Families will adore the South Carolina Aquarium and the Childrens's Museum of the Low Country - both an smooth walk from the apt. For history buffs there are loads of historical sites like Fort Sumter and the Charleston Museum - one of the first museum's in America - very close by as well. Every Saturday the Charleston Farmers Market is at Marion Square - also an simple walk from King and Cannon. Our apt is a great location for families visiting college students as it is close to both the College of Charleston COC and the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, and a brief uber, car or bicycle ride to the Citadel.
Looking to exercise while on holiday? Here are some simple options that will help you get to know Charleston and it's people :
- Rent Bikes across the street at Affordabike Bicycle Shop
Less than a ten min. bicycle ride takes you through the famed "South of Broad" neighborhood and the Battery at the tip of the peninsula.
- Do you appreciate yoga? Charleston Power Yoga is right around the corner
- Runner's heaven : safe, charming running options through the city streets along the water and over bridges such as the breathtaking vistas of Cooper River Bridge.
- Walkers bliss : urban walking in Charleston is a visual treat. Consider renting a complimentary walking tour with Free Tours by Foot & choose between four different focuses: the Civil War, haunted Charleston, history or architecture.
- Swimming: If you want to dip your toes in the water, or maybe swim some laps in the sea - Charleston offers three different beach islands within a 20 min. drive.
Or maybe just want to eat and drink your way through Charleston - great plan! Here are *some* of the highly reviewed eateries and bars within straighforward walking distance of the apt : Hominy Grille, Five Loaves Cafe, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Prohibition, Stella's, Trattoria Lucca, Cannon Green, Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Rarebit, Ink N Ivy, HoM Charleston, SOL Southwest Kitchen and Tequila Bar, The Macintosh, Chez Nous, Basil Thai, King Street Public House, 167 Raw, Belmount Parlor, The Darling, Sorghum & Salt, ICE BING Cafe, 492, Barsa, Hall's Chophouse, Smoke BBQ, D’Allesandro’s Pizza, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Tapio - A Boba Tea Cafe, Cuban Gypsy Pantry, Proof... and the list goes on and on. Again all within a block to a few blocks of the apt - and all 4 to 5 stars on Yelp! You shall not go hungry in Charleston.
*NOTE* While the amazing location & being close to the heart of the action is one of the most great things about the unit, it can get noisy at times. To counteract the noise we have installed bespoke sound proofing window inserts (at end of April 2017). We also give sleep machines in both bedrooms, though they are not needed by most people now that we have the sound proofing window inserts. The fire department is located right next door. We savor the additional security of having them (ask for a tour!), but they do run the siren briefly when they pull out of the station. They do not start the full siren until they are past the building - up the street turning onto King St. With our new sound proof window inserts, the sound of the firetruck is minimal - however even before the inserts we never had any guest complaints about the sound of the fire trucks. So now we have the most attractive of both worlds - a glamourous apt located in the heart of Charleston nighttime life, and a comfortable interior buffered from the street noise!
You will have access to complimentary off-street parking for FOUR cars. Your classic Charleston private porches are great places to appreciate coffee or libations. There is also a modest private courtyard behind the building on the lower level. Our apartments feature keyless entry to make your check in smooth 24 hours a day, and your stay will be just that more calming with no keys to lose.
Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee maker, coffee filters, refrigerator, oven/range, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, full length mirror, magnifying mirror, hangers, dishes, washer and dryer, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, vacuum, broom, shampoo, conditioner, soap, beach towels, bath towels and linens.
Our beds are super inviting and include bed bug proof bed and pillow covers.
Additional Business Traveler Ready Items include: High-speed wireless internet, usb charging stations for your devices as well as alarm clocks in each bedroom, sleep machine in front bedroom, desk/workspace in each bedroom as well as in the kitchen, 24 hour check-in with secure keyless entry, and off street parking for 4 cars.
3 Cannon is a non-smoking home. If you need to smoke, please do so outdoor 25 feet away from the doors and dispose of your butts afterwards. Thanks!
Parties are NOT allowed.
min. occupancy is 8 adults.
There are no family dogs and cats allowed.
Interaction with visitors
We are not always in town. We have qualified, knowledgeable, local assistant hosts to step in as needed. We are pleased to help with any issues or give suggestions or advice for your stay via phone or text, but in general we will let you adore the unit on your own.
The Cannonborough neighborhood is one of the most trendiest places in the city. Bordering the midtown section of King Street referred to as "Upper King" the neighborhood extends to the west. Mainly consisting of restored 19th century homes, the borough also offers a variety of local dining hot spots including Hominy Grille, Two Boroughs Larder, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, Five Loaves Cafe, Cannon Green, and many more while maintaining the neighborhood feel.
Staying downtown means that you can walk/bicycle to just about anywhere you want to go. There are two bicycle rental stores half a block from the unit. There is a CARTA bus stop on our block of Cannon St. Hailing a taxi on the street is difficult in Charleston, but there are tons of options for companies that you can call. Also, Uber is very trendy and frequently used downtown. If you have more than 2 cars to park, you can use the public parking garage on King Street only a block away.
No events, drugs or excessive drinking is allowed on the premises.
No unregistered visitors between the peaceful hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
Otherwise Have Fun and Savor!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property managers and vacation rental houses provide Charleston area area discount guides which feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or via a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Could you shift your vacation week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning vacationers to the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some properties are primarily suited for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and tours you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners generally offer customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed due to medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to discover the number of rentals are offered in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Charleston area gang, from relaxed condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Here are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the right rental property:
Before you book "75 ft from King St, WALK to the Best Restaurants, Shopping & Bars in Charleston", examine our short checklist of points to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area vacation homes start booking very early. To assure the best selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Charleston area rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Pick a Community and Date
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Charleston area you want to visit, and the choose travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Try to remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the group. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Will your selected rental property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Generally, a single member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Do you want a rental home with outside lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a furry friend? Even though many vacation rentals permit pets, rules and fees vary per property. Many limitations may eliminate a prospective rental. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when pets are included.
Start the Search
When the area, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local companies will often have a unique collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Rental home management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. We also advise promptly calling the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary repairs.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, surrounding properties are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Tidy up a little. Even though you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The rental home should really be in very good condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be dealt with prior to leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Most vacation rental web sites seek reviews after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but genuine with regards to rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a great time? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific vacation home. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience to help with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium - 0.9 miles