- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIncredible LOCATION! Freshly modernized 2 bdrm apt located in a historic downtown duplex - 75 feet from Upper KING St - Right where you want to be! Smartly appointed, the unit is work traveler ready with speedy WI-FI, convenient workspaces and COMPLIMENTARY Off Street PARKING for 2 cars. Come adore our space, and stay within 1 min. walk of Charleston's choice bars, nightlife & eateries HOT Upper King St area. Sound proofing window inserts installed for a comfortable buffer to your downtown urban experience. City of Charleston Operating Permit: OP2018-00153
Charleston is an spectacular city that offers you opportunities to adore history, art, architecture & FOOOD! If you’re adventurous and want to do some shopping, dining, drinking & urban exploring - Charleston will keep you delighted for days.
Going local gives you the unique perspective of what it’s like to live, work, and play in one of the top travel destinations in the world. The historic Charleston duplex, constructed in 1850, is in the ideal location - just steps from King Street. You will be a brief walk from world-class eateries (The Grocery, The Ordinary are both across the street), appealing bars & nightlife, local galleries as well as stores, historical sites, museums, and more.
You can rent with confidence knowing that this is a legal, licensed brief-term holiday rental - so you don’t have any worries about your reservation being cancelled due to changing local zoning or regulations.
Apartment B is upstairs, and includes a Intelligent TV and cable service in the living room as well as a ceiling fan in each room, central heat and air conditioning, full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, brita water jug, stackable full size washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, full length mirrors in each bedroom. The forward bedroom contains a king size bed while the second bedroom has a queen size bed. The apartment is suited for 4 people. If you have more than 4 people, consider renting the 2 bdrm downstairs. The Apartments A and B, when booked together, can accommodate 8 people and 4 cars.
Families will relish the South Carolina Aquarium and the Childrens's Museum of the Low Country - both an smooth walk from the apt. For history buffs there are loads of historical sites like Fort Sumter and the Charleston Museum - one of the first museum's in America - very close by as well. Every Saturday the Charleston Farmers Market is at Marion Square - also an painless walk from King and Cannon. Our apt is a great location for families visiting college students as it is close to both the College of Charleston COC and the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, and just a brief bicycle, car or uber ride to the Citadel.
Looking to exercise while on holiday? Here are some smooth options that will help you get to know Charleston and it's people :
- Rent Bikes across the street at Affordabike Bicycle Shop
Less than a ten min. bicycle ride takes you through the famed "South of Broad" neighborhood and the Battery at the tip of the peninsula.
- Do you adore yoga? Charleston Power Yoga is right around the corner
- Runner's heaven : safe, handsome running options through the city streets along the water and over bridges such as the breathtaking vistas of Cooper River Bridge.
- Walkers heaven : urban walking in Charleston is a visual treat. Consider renting a complimentary walking tour with Free Tours by Foot & choose between four different focuses: the Civil War, haunted Charleston, history or architecture.
- Swimming: If you want to dip your toes in the water, or maybe swim some laps in the sea - Charleston offers three different beach islands within a 20 min. drive.
Or maybe just want to eat and drink your way through Charleston - great plan! Here are *some* of the highly reviewed eateries and bars within straighforward walking distance of the apt : Hominy Grille, Five Loaves Cafe, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Prohibition, Stella's, Trattoria Lucca, Cannon Green, Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Rarebit, Ink N Ivy, HoM Charleston, SOL Southwest Kitchen and Tequila Bar, The Macintosh, Chez Nous, Basil Thai, King Street Public House, 167 Raw, Belmount Parlor, The Darling, Sorghum & Salt, ICE BING Cafe, 492, Barsa, Hall's Chophouse, Smoke BBQ, D’Allesandro’s Pizza, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Tapio - A Boba Tea Cafe, Cuban Gypsy Pantry, Proof... and the list goes on and on. Again all within a block to a few blocks of the apt - and all 4 to 5 stars on Yelp! You shall not go hungry in Charleston.
*NOTE* While being close to the action is one of the most exemplary things about the unit, it can get noisy at times. To counteract the noise we have installed bespoke sound proofing window inserts (at end of April 2017) to reduce the noise by 75%. We also give sleep machines in the both bedrooms, for those that are super light sleepers. The fire department is located right next door. We relish the additional security of having them, but they do run the siren briefly when they pull out of the station. With our new sound proof window inserts, the sound of the firetruck is minimal - however even before the inserts we never had any guest complaints about the sound of the fire trucks. So now we have the most impressive of both worlds - a beautiful apt located in the heart of Charleston nighttime life, and a peaceful interior buffered from the street noise.
You will have access to complimentary off-street parking for TWO cars - parked front to back. Parking for Unit B is on the right. Your classic Charleston private porch is a great place to appreciate coffee or drinks. Our apartments feature keyless entry to make your check in simple 24 hours a day, and your stay will be just that more appealing with no keys to lose.
Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee maker, coffee filters, refrigerator, oven/range, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, full length mirror, magnifying mirror, hangers, dishes, washer and dryer, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, vacuum, broom, shampoo, conditioner, soap, beach towels, bath towels and linens.
Our beds are super appealing and include bed bug proof bed and pillow covers.
Additional Business Traveler Ready Items include: High-speed wireless internet, usb charging stations for your devices as well as alarm clocks in each bedroom, sleep machine in front bedroom, desk/workspace in each bedroom as well as in the kitchen, 24 hour check-in with secure keyless entry, and off street parking for 2 cars.
3 Cannon is a non-smoking home. If you need to smoke, please do so outdoor 25 feet away from the doors and dispose of your butts afterwards. Thanks!
Parties are NOT allowed.
min. occupancy is 4 adults. If you have more than 4, consider renting both upstairs and downstairs apartments.
Due to the stairs and the upper porch area, the upstairs unit is not suitable for children. Consider renting the lower unit (A) if you have children which accepts up to 5 people including all babies & children.
There are no dogs and cats allowed.
Interaction with visitors
We are not always in town. We have qualified, knowledgeable, local assistant hosts to step in as needed. We are cheerful to help with any issues or give suggestions or advice for your stay via phone or text, but in general we will let you adore the unit on your own.
The Cannonborough neighborhood is one of the most trendiest places in the city. Bordering the midtown section of King Street referred to as "Upper King" the neighborhood extends to the west. Mainly consisting of restored 19th century homes, the borough also offers a variety of local dining hot spots including Hominy Grille, Two Boroughs Larder, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, Five Loaves Cafe, Cannon Green, and many more while maintaining the neighborhood feel.
Staying downtown means that you can walk/bicycle to just about anywhere you want to go. There are two bicycle rental stores half a block from the unit. There is a CARTA bus stop on our block of Cannon St. Hailing a taxi on the street is difficult in Charleston, but there are tons of options for companies that you can call. Also, Uber is very fashionable and frequently used downtown. If you have more than 2 cars to park, you can use the public parking garage on King Street only a block away.
No events, drugs or excessive drinking is allowed on the premises.
No unregistered visitors between the peaceful hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
Otherwise Have Fun and Relish!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation houses supply Charleston area area traveller discount books which feature promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Look for these magazines and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the same attractions with a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Can you alter your vacation week? The off-peak seasons will offer phenomenal rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for discounts. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it's soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most closely suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer customers the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed due to personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the range and wide variety of short term rental homes available in the Charleston area area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping families with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine service issues that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Finding and reserving the best rental:
Before you start to book " Location 2 bdm Apt - 75 feet frm King St, Sleeps 4, Free Off-street Parking", read through our short list of factors to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned destinations, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked early. To guarantee the best choice of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Select a Village and Date
Sometimes, the toughest portion of scheduling your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be more straightforward.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Bear in mind that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Many rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your desired stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you primarily desire a home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are linens included with the rental contract, or do you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the crew travelling with a dog? While quite a few rentals permit animal friends, rules and charges vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
Start your Search
As soon as the place, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. If you find problems, or if repairs are needed call the property manager without delay.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. More often than not, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Virtually all rental management company web sites ask for testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that can help with your next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium - 0.9 miles