- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIncredible LOCATION! Freshly renovated 2 bdrm apt located in a historic downtown duplex - 75 feet from Upper KING St - Right where you want to be! Smartly appointed, the unit is work traveler ready with speedy WI-FI, convenient workspaces and COMPLIMENTARY Off Street PARKING for 2 cars. Come relish our space, and stay within 1 min. walk of Charleston's most first-rate bars, nightlife & eateries HOT Upper King St area. Sound proofing window inserts installed for a peaceful buffer to your downtown urban experience. City of Charleston Operating Permit: OP2018-00153
Charleston is an fabulous city that offers you opportunities to adore history, art, architecture & FOOOD! If you’re adventurous and want to do some shopping, dining, drinking & urban exploring - Charleston will keep you delighted for days.
Going local gives you the unique perspective of what it’s like to live, work, and play in one of the top travel destinations in the world. The historic Charleston duplex, constructed in 1850, is in the ideal location - just steps from King Street. You will be a brief walk from world-class eateries (The Grocery, The Ordinary are both across the street), impressive bars & nightlife, local galleries as well as stores, historical sites, museums, and more.
You can rent with confidence knowing that this is a legal, licensed brief-term holiday rental - so you don’t have any worries about your reservation being cancelled due to changing local zoning or regulations.
Apartment B is upstairs, and includes a Intelligent TV and cable service in the living room as well as a ceiling fan in each room, central heat and air conditioning, full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, brita water jug, stackable full size washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, full length mirrors in each bedroom. The forward bedroom contains a king size bed while the second bedroom has a queen size bed. The apartment is suited for 4 people. If you have more than 4 people, consider renting the 2 bdrm downstairs. The Apartments A and B, when booked together, can accommodate 8 people and 4 cars.
Families will adore the South Carolina Aquarium and the Childrens's Museum of the Low Country - both an straighforward walk from the apt. For history buffs there are loads of historical sites like Fort Sumter and the Charleston Museum - one of the first museum's in America - very close by as well. Every Saturday the Charleston Farmers Market is at Marion Square - also an smooth walk from King and Cannon. Our apt is a great location for families visiting college students as it is close to both the College of Charleston COC and the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, and just a brief bicycle, car or uber ride to the Citadel.
Looking to exercise while on holiday? Here are some painless options that will help you get to know Charleston and it's people :
- Rent Bikes across the street at Affordabike Bicycle Shop
Less than a ten min. bicycle ride takes you through the famed "South of Broad" neighborhood and the Battery at the tip of the peninsula.
- Do you appreciate yoga? Charleston Power Yoga is right around the corner
- Runner's heaven : safe, charming running options through the city streets along the water and over bridges such as the breathtaking vistas of Cooper River Bridge.
- Walkers utopia : urban walking in Charleston is a visual treat. Consider renting a complimentary walking tour with Free Tours by Foot & choose between four different focuses: the Civil War, haunted Charleston, history or architecture.
- Swimming: If you want to dip your toes in the water, or maybe swim some laps in the sea - Charleston offers three different beach islands within a 20 min. drive.
Or maybe just want to eat and drink your way through Charleston - great plan! Here are *some* of the highly reviewed eateries and bars within smooth walking distance of the apt : Hominy Grille, Five Loaves Cafe, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Prohibition, Stella's, Trattoria Lucca, Cannon Green, Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Rarebit, Ink N Ivy, HoM Charleston, SOL Southwest Kitchen and Tequila Bar, The Macintosh, Chez Nous, Basil Thai, King Street Public House, 167 Raw, Belmount Parlor, The Darling, Sorghum & Salt, ICE BING Cafe, 492, Barsa, Hall's Chophouse, Smoke BBQ, D’Allesandro’s Pizza, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Tapio - A Boba Tea Cafe, Cuban Gypsy Pantry, Proof... and the list goes on and on. Again all within a block to a few blocks of the apt - and all 4 to 5 stars on Yelp! You shall not go hungry in Charleston.
*NOTE* While being close to the action is one of the peerless things about the unit, it can get noisy at times. To counteract the noise we have installed bespoke sound proofing window inserts (at end of April 2017) to reduce the noise by 75%. We also give sleep machines in the both bedrooms, for those that are super light sleepers. The fire department is located right next door. We savor the additional security of having them, but they do run the siren briefly when they pull out of the station. With our new sound proof window inserts, the sound of the firetruck is minimal - however even before the inserts we never had any guest complaints about the sound of the fire trucks. So now we have the most attractive of both worlds - a appealing apt located in the heart of Charleston nighttime life, and a appealing interior buffered from the street noise.
You will have access to complimentary off-street parking for TWO cars - parked front to back. Parking for Unit B is on the right. Your classic Charleston private porch is a great place to adore coffee or drinks. Our apartments feature keyless entry to make your check in simple 24 hours a day, and your stay will be just that more calming with no keys to lose.
Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee maker, coffee filters, refrigerator, oven/range, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, full length mirror, magnifying mirror, hangers, dishes, washer and dryer, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, vacuum, broom, shampoo, conditioner, soap, beach towels, bath towels and linens.
Our beds are super inviting and include bed bug proof bed and pillow covers.
Additional Business Traveler Ready Items include: High-speed wireless internet, usb charging stations for your devices as well as alarm clocks in each bedroom, sleep machine in front bedroom, desk/workspace in each bedroom as well as in the kitchen, 24 hour check-in with secure keyless entry, and off street parking for 2 cars.
3 Cannon is a non-smoking home. If you need to smoke, please do so outdoor 25 feet away from the doors and dispose of your butts afterwards. Thanks!
Parties are NOT allowed.
min. occupancy is 4 adults. If you have more than 4, consider renting both upstairs and downstairs apartments.
Due to the stairs and the upper porch area, the upstairs unit is not suitable for children. Consider renting the lower unit (A) if you have children which accepts up to 5 people including all babies & children.
There are no dogs and cats allowed.
Interaction with visitors
We are not always in town. We have qualified, knowledgeable, local assistant hosts to step in as needed. We are thrilled to help with any issues or give suggestions or advice for your stay via phone or text, but in general we will let you savor the unit on your own.
The Cannonborough neighborhood is one of the most trendiest places in the city. Bordering the midtown section of King Street referred to as "Upper King" the neighborhood extends to the west. Mainly consisting of restored 19th century homes, the borough also offers a variety of local dining hot spots including Hominy Grille, Two Boroughs Larder, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, Five Loaves Cafe, Cannon Green, and many more while maintaining the neighborhood feel.
Staying downtown means that you can walk/bicycle to just about anywhere you want to go. There are two bicycle rental stores half a block from the unit. There is a CARTA bus stop on our block of Cannon St. Hailing a taxi on the street is difficult in Charleston, but there are tons of options for companies that you can call. Also, Uber is very famed and frequently used downtown. If you have more than 2 cars to park, you can use the public parking garage on King Street only a block away.
No events, drugs or excessive drinking is allowed on the premises.
No unregistered visitors between the peaceful hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
Otherwise Have Fun and Adore!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and vacation rental houses provide Charleston area area traveller discount magazines which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- A number of management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular types of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn just how many vacation rentals are available in Charleston area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have developed a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Before you start to book " Location 2 bdm Apt - 75 feet frm King St, Sleeps 4, Free Off-street Parking", review our short collection of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Select a Village and Time
Consensus can be complicated among loved ones, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Will the chosen rental suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving an expensive rental property. Typically, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you want a vacation property with patio kitchen? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are sheets included with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Appropriate access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Read your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Start your Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies frequently have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
Read through the full contract and make certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any repairs.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Local people should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal belongings.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred during your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites permit renters to offer reviews. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If something was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a great time? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific rental home. Otherwise, you've gained valuable experience that can help with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium - 0.9 miles