- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIncredible LOCATION! Freshly redone 2 bdrm apt located in a historic downtown duplex - 75 feet from Upper KING St - Right where you want to be! Smartly appointed, the unit is work traveler ready with speedy WI-FI, convenient workspaces and COMPLIMENTARY Off Street PARKING for 2 cars. Come relish our space, and stay within 1 min. walk of Charleston's peerless bars, nightlife & eateries HOT Upper King St area. Sound proofing window inserts installed for a appealing buffer to your downtown urban experience. City of Charleston Operating Permit: OP2018-00153
Charleston is an striking city that offers you opportunities to adore history, art, architecture & FOOOD! If you’re adventurous and want to do some shopping, dining, drinking & urban exploring - Charleston will keep you delighted for days.
Going local gives you the unique perspective of what it’s like to live, work, and play in one of the top travel destinations in the world. The historic Charleston duplex, constructed in 1850, is in the ideal location - just steps from King Street. You will be a brief walk from world-class eateries (The Grocery, The Ordinary are both across the street), breathtaking bars & nightlife, local galleries as well as stores, historical sites, museums, and more.
You can rent with confidence knowing that this is a legal, licensed brief-term holiday rental - so you don’t have any worries about your reservation being cancelled due to changing local zoning or regulations.
Apartment B is upstairs, and includes a Intelligent TV and cable service in the living room as well as a ceiling fan in each room, central heat and air conditioning, full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, brita water jug, stackable full size washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, full length mirrors in each bedroom. The forward bedroom contains a king size bed while the second bedroom has a queen size bed. The apartment is suited for 4 people. If you have more than 4 people, consider renting the 2 bdrm downstairs. The Apartments A and B, when booked together, can accommodate 8 people and 4 cars.
Families will adore the South Carolina Aquarium and the Childrens's Museum of the Low Country - both an simple walk from the apt. For history buffs there are loads of historical sites like Fort Sumter and the Charleston Museum - one of the first museum's in America - very close by as well. Every Saturday the Charleston Farmers Market is at Marion Square - also an straighforward walk from King and Cannon. Our apt is a great location for families visiting college students as it is close to both the College of Charleston COC and the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, and just a brief bicycle, car or uber ride to the Citadel.
Looking to exercise while on holiday? Here are some simple options that will help you get to know Charleston and it's people :
- Rent Bikes across the street at Affordabike Bicycle Shop
Less than a ten min. bicycle ride takes you through the famed "South of Broad" neighborhood and the Battery at the tip of the peninsula.
- Do you appreciate yoga? Charleston Power Yoga is right around the corner
- Runner's heaven : safe, pretty running options through the city streets along the water and over bridges such as the breathtaking vistas of Cooper River Bridge.
- Walkers bliss : urban walking in Charleston is a visual treat. Consider renting a complimentary walking tour with Free Tours by Foot & choose between four different focuses: the Civil War, haunted Charleston, history or architecture.
- Swimming: If you want to dip your toes in the water, or maybe swim some laps in the sea - Charleston offers three different beach islands within a 20 min. drive.
Or maybe just want to eat and drink your way through Charleston - great plan! Here are *some* of the highly reviewed eateries and bars within smooth walking distance of the apt : Hominy Grille, Five Loaves Cafe, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Prohibition, Stella's, Trattoria Lucca, Cannon Green, Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Rarebit, Ink N Ivy, HoM Charleston, SOL Southwest Kitchen and Tequila Bar, The Macintosh, Chez Nous, Basil Thai, King Street Public House, 167 Raw, Belmount Parlor, The Darling, Sorghum & Salt, ICE BING Cafe, 492, Barsa, Hall's Chophouse, Smoke BBQ, D’Allesandro’s Pizza, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Tapio - A Boba Tea Cafe, Cuban Gypsy Pantry, Proof... and the list goes on and on. Again all within a block to a few blocks of the apt - and all 4 to 5 stars on Yelp! You shall not go hungry in Charleston.
*NOTE* While being close to the action is one of the most superb things about the unit, it can get noisy at times. To counteract the noise we have installed bespoke sound proofing window inserts (at end of April 2017) to reduce the noise by 75%. We also give sleep machines in the both bedrooms, for those that are super light sleepers. The fire department is located right next door. We savor the additional security of having them, but they do run the siren briefly when they pull out of the station. With our new sound proof window inserts, the sound of the firetruck is minimal - however even before the inserts we never had any guest complaints about the sound of the fire trucks. So now we have the most striking of both worlds - a beautiful apt located in the heart of Charleston nighttime life, and a comfortable interior buffered from the street noise.
You will have access to complimentary off-street parking for TWO cars - parked front to back. Parking for Unit B is on the right. Your classic Charleston private porch is a great place to savor coffee or drinks. Our apartments feature keyless entry to make your check in painless 24 hours a day, and your stay will be just that more inviting with no keys to lose.
Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee maker, coffee filters, refrigerator, oven/range, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, full length mirror, magnifying mirror, hangers, dishes, washer and dryer, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, vacuum, broom, shampoo, conditioner, soap, beach towels, bath towels and linens.
Our beds are super calming and include bed bug proof bed and pillow covers.
Additional Business Traveler Ready Items include: High-speed wireless internet, usb charging stations for your devices as well as alarm clocks in each bedroom, sleep machine in front bedroom, desk/workspace in each bedroom as well as in the kitchen, 24 hour check-in with secure keyless entry, and off street parking for 2 cars.
3 Cannon is a non-smoking home. If you need to smoke, please do so outdoor 25 feet away from the doors and dispose of your butts afterwards. Thanks!
Parties are NOT allowed.
min. occupancy is 4 adults. If you have more than 4, consider renting both upstairs and downstairs apartments.
Due to the stairs and the upper porch area, the upstairs unit is not suitable for children. Consider renting the lower unit (A) if you have children which accepts up to 5 people including all babies & children.
There are no dogs and cats allowed.
Interaction with visitors
We are not always in town. We have qualified, knowledgeable, local assistant hosts to step in as needed. We are delighted to help with any issues or give suggestions or advice for your stay via phone or text, but in general we will let you relish the unit on your own.
The Cannonborough neighborhood is one of the most trendiest places in the city. Bordering the midtown section of King Street referred to as "Upper King" the neighborhood extends to the west. Mainly consisting of restored 19th century homes, the borough also offers a variety of local dining hot spots including Hominy Grille, Two Boroughs Larder, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, Five Loaves Cafe, Cannon Green, and many more while maintaining the neighborhood feel.
Staying downtown means that you can walk/bicycle to just about anywhere you want to go. There are two bicycle rental stores half a block from the unit. There is a CARTA bus stop on our block of Cannon St. Hailing a taxi on the street is difficult in Charleston, but there are tons of options for companies that you can call. Also, Uber is very fashionable and frequently used downtown. If you have more than 2 cars to park, you can use the public parking garage on King Street only a block away.
No events, drugs or excessive drinking is allowed on the premises.
No unregistered visitors between the peaceful hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
Otherwise Have Fun and Relish!
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with special offers for rental homes, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Just want to stay away from packed areas and save cash? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer fantastic rates on daily rental properties.
- Many management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning individuals to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are practically catered to particular guests, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover how many vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an perfect getaway to fit their Charleston area family, from tranquil condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to assist with web advertising, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the best vacation rental:
Do you think " Location 2 bdm Apt - 75 feet frm King St, Sleeps 4, Free Off-street Parking" is the best vacation property for your upcoming trip? Look over this check list to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rentals start booking early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simpler.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the party. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
Confirm that " Location 2 bdm Apt - 75 feet frm King St, Sleeps 4, Free Off-street Parking" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking an expensive rental. One member of your family will need to be given the task of collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most property listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a domestic pet? Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match clients with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering exclusive properties, local agencies offer you exceptional service..
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit empty.
Read the Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
Once you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Make sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any problems as soon as you arrive. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary repairs. This will protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the community. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they like the rental choice? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium - 0.9 miles