- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIncredible LOCATION! Freshly modernized 2 bdrm apt located in a historic downtown duplex - 75 feet from Upper KING St - Right where you want to be! Smartly appointed, the unit is work traveler ready with speedy WI-FI, convenient workspaces and COMPLIMENTARY Off Street PARKING for 2 cars. Come adore our space, and stay within 1 min. walk of Charleston's best bars, nightlife & eateries HOT Upper King St area. Sound proofing window inserts installed for a appealing buffer to your downtown urban experience. City of Charleston Operating Permit: OP2018-00153
Charleston is an extraordinary city that offers you opportunities to relish history, art, architecture & FOOOD! If you’re adventurous and want to do some shopping, dining, drinking & urban exploring - Charleston will keep you delighted for days.
Going local gives you the unique perspective of what it’s like to live, work, and play in one of the top travel destinations in the world. The historic Charleston duplex, constructed in 1850, is in the ideal location - just steps from King Street. You will be a brief walk from world-class eateries (The Grocery, The Ordinary are both across the street), impressive bars & nightlife, local galleries as well as stores, historical sites, museums, and more.
You can rent with confidence knowing that this is a legal, licensed brief-term holiday rental - so you don’t have any worries about your reservation being cancelled due to changing local zoning or regulations.
Apartment B is upstairs, and includes a Intelligent TV and cable service in the living room as well as a ceiling fan in each room, central heat and air conditioning, full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, brita water jug, stackable full size washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, full length mirrors in each bedroom. The forward bedroom contains a king size bed while the second bedroom has a queen size bed. The apartment is suited for 4 people. If you have more than 4 people, consider renting the 2 bdrm downstairs. The Apartments A and B, when booked together, can accommodate 8 people and 4 cars.
Families will savor the South Carolina Aquarium and the Childrens's Museum of the Low Country - both an simple walk from the apt. For history buffs there are loads of historical sites like Fort Sumter and the Charleston Museum - one of the first museum's in America - very close by as well. Every Saturday the Charleston Farmers Market is at Marion Square - also an smooth walk from King and Cannon. Our apt is a great location for families visiting college students as it is close to both the College of Charleston COC and the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, and just a brief bicycle, car or uber ride to the Citadel.
Looking to exercise while on holiday? Here are some straighforward options that will help you get to know Charleston and it's people :
- Rent Bikes across the street at Affordabike Bicycle Shop
Less than a ten min. bicycle ride takes you through the famed "South of Broad" neighborhood and the Battery at the tip of the peninsula.
- Do you appreciate yoga? Charleston Power Yoga is right around the corner
- Runner's heaven : safe, opulent running options through the city streets along the water and over bridges such as the breathtaking vistas of Cooper River Bridge.
- Walkers utopia : urban walking in Charleston is a visual treat. Consider renting a complimentary walking tour with Free Tours by Foot & choose between four different focuses: the Civil War, haunted Charleston, history or architecture.
- Swimming: If you want to dip your toes in the water, or maybe swim some laps in the sea - Charleston offers three different beach islands within a 20 min. drive.
Or maybe just want to eat and drink your way through Charleston - great plan! Here are *some* of the highly reviewed eateries and bars within simple walking distance of the apt : Hominy Grille, Five Loaves Cafe, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Prohibition, Stella's, Trattoria Lucca, Cannon Green, Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Rarebit, Ink N Ivy, HoM Charleston, SOL Southwest Kitchen and Tequila Bar, The Macintosh, Chez Nous, Basil Thai, King Street Public House, 167 Raw, Belmount Parlor, The Darling, Sorghum & Salt, ICE BING Cafe, 492, Barsa, Hall's Chophouse, Smoke BBQ, D’Allesandro’s Pizza, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Tapio - A Boba Tea Cafe, Cuban Gypsy Pantry, Proof... and the list goes on and on. Again all within a block to a few blocks of the apt - and all 4 to 5 stars on Yelp! You shall not go hungry in Charleston.
*NOTE* While being close to the action is one of the most superb things about the unit, it can get noisy at times. To counteract the noise we have installed bespoke sound proofing window inserts (at end of April 2017) to reduce the noise by 75%. We also give sleep machines in the both bedrooms, for those that are super light sleepers. The fire department is located right next door. We adore the additional security of having them, but they do run the siren briefly when they pull out of the station. With our new sound proof window inserts, the sound of the firetruck is minimal - however even before the inserts we never had any guest complaints about the sound of the fire trucks. So now we have the most great of both worlds - a appealing apt located in the heart of Charleston nighttime life, and a comfortable interior buffered from the street noise.
You will have access to complimentary off-street parking for TWO cars - parked front to back. Parking for Unit B is on the right. Your classic Charleston private porch is a great place to savor coffee or libations. Our apartments feature keyless entry to make your check in painless 24 hours a day, and your stay will be just that more appealing with no keys to lose.
Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee maker, coffee filters, refrigerator, oven/range, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, full length mirror, magnifying mirror, hangers, dishes, washer and dryer, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, vacuum, broom, shampoo, conditioner, soap, beach towels, bath towels and linens.
Our beds are super peaceful and include bed bug proof bed and pillow covers.
Additional Business Traveler Ready Items include: High-speed wireless internet, usb charging stations for your devices as well as alarm clocks in each bedroom, sleep machine in front bedroom, desk/workspace in each bedroom as well as in the kitchen, 24 hour check-in with secure keyless entry, and off street parking for 2 cars.
3 Cannon is a non-smoking home. If you need to smoke, please do so outdoor 25 feet away from the doors and dispose of your butts afterwards. Thanks!
Parties are NOT allowed.
min. occupancy is 4 adults. If you have more than 4, consider renting both upstairs and downstairs apartments.
Due to the stairs and the upper porch area, the upstairs unit is not suitable for children. Consider renting the lower unit (A) if you have children which accepts up to 5 people including all babies & children.
There are no family dogs and cats allowed.
Interaction with visitors
We are not always in town. We have qualified, knowledgeable, local assistant hosts to step in as needed. We are pleased to help with any issues or give suggestions or advice for your stay via phone or text, but in general we will let you relish the unit on your own.
The Cannonborough neighborhood is one of the most trendiest places in the city. Bordering the midtown section of King Street referred to as "Upper King" the neighborhood extends to the west. Mainly consisting of restored 19th century homes, the borough also offers a variety of local dining hot spots including Hominy Grille, Two Boroughs Larder, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, Five Loaves Cafe, Cannon Green, and many more while maintaining the neighborhood feel.
Staying downtown means that you can walk/bicycle to just about anywhere you want to go. There are two bicycle rental stores half a block from the unit. There is a CARTA bus stop on our block of Cannon St. Hailing a taxi on the street is difficult in Charleston, but there are tons of options for companies that you can call. Also, Uber is very trendy and frequently used downtown. If you have more than 2 cars to park, you can use the public parking garage on King Street only a block away.
No events, drugs or excessive drinking is allowed on the premises.
No unregistered visitors between the peaceful hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
Otherwise Have Fun and Relish!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply Charleston area area vacation discount magazines which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? Shoulder seasons offer outstanding savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for price reductions. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to night life. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to find out just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation property experience.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Before you decide to book " Location 2 bdm Apt - 75 feet frm King St, Sleeps 4, Free Off-street Parking", read through our brief list of things to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area vacation homes start booking very early. To ensure the best selection of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can often be challenging between family, but as soon as this tricky part is complete everything will start to slide in place.
Decide on a Size
How many family members are joining your trip? Remember that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Have a Spending Limit
Does the preferred rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Generally, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What property features is the family searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Do a few members of your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. The majority of vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Animal policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive properties, local companies offer you outstanding service..
When you've located your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective during the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Study the Total Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Rental management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
After you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. We also recommend promptly calling the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any required fixes.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay much more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make certain you've packed all valuables.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental home management companies and rental websites allow customers to give comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium - 0.9 miles