- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIncredible LOCATION! Freshly refreshed 2 bdrm apt located in a historic downtown duplex - 75 feet from Upper KING St - Right where you want to be! Smartly appointed, the unit is work traveler ready with speedy WI-FI, convenient workspaces and COMPLIMENTARY Off Street PARKING for 2 cars. Come savor our space, and stay within 1 min. walk of Charleston's premium bars, nightlife & eateries HOT Upper King St area. Sound proofing window inserts installed for a comfortable buffer to your downtown urban experience. City of Charleston Operating Permit: OP2018-00153
Charleston is an striking city that offers you opportunities to appreciate history, art, architecture & FOOOD! If you’re adventurous and want to do some shopping, dining, drinking & urban exploring - Charleston will keep you delighted for days.
Going local gives you the unique perspective of what it’s like to live, work, and play in one of the top travel destinations in the world. The historic Charleston duplex, constructed in 1850, is in the ideal location - just steps from King Street. You will be a brief walk from world-class eateries (The Grocery, The Ordinary are both across the street), appealing bars & nightlife, local galleries as well as stores, historical sites, museums, and more.
You can rent with confidence knowing that this is a legal, licensed brief-term holiday rental - so you don’t have any worries about your reservation being cancelled due to changing local zoning or regulations.
Apartment B is upstairs, and includes a Intelligent TV and cable service in the living room as well as a ceiling fan in each room, central heat and air conditioning, full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, brita water jug, stackable full size washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, full length mirrors in each bedroom. The forward bedroom contains a king size bed while the second bedroom has a queen size bed. The apartment is suited for 4 people. If you have more than 4 people, consider renting the 2 bdrm downstairs. The Apartments A and B, when booked together, can accommodate 8 people and 4 cars.
Families will savor the South Carolina Aquarium and the Childrens's Museum of the Low Country - both an painless walk from the apt. For history buffs there are loads of historical sites like Fort Sumter and the Charleston Museum - one of the first museum's in America - very close by as well. Every Saturday the Charleston Farmers Market is at Marion Square - also an simple walk from King and Cannon. Our apt is a great location for families visiting college students as it is close to both the College of Charleston COC and the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, and just a brief bicycle, car or uber ride to the Citadel.
Looking to exercise while on holiday? Here are some simple options that will help you get to know Charleston and it's people :
- Rent Bikes across the street at Affordabike Bicycle Shop
Less than a ten min. bicycle ride takes you through the famed "South of Broad" neighborhood and the Battery at the tip of the peninsula.
- Do you appreciate yoga? Charleston Power Yoga is right around the corner
- Runner's heaven : safe, gorgeous running options through the city streets along the water and over bridges such as the dramatic vistas of Cooper River Bridge.
- Walkers bliss : urban walking in Charleston is a visual treat. Consider renting a complimentary walking tour with Free Tours by Foot & choose between four different focuses: the Civil War, haunted Charleston, history or architecture.
- Swimming: If you want to dip your toes in the water, or maybe swim some laps in the sea - Charleston offers three different beach islands within a 20 min. drive.
Or maybe just want to eat and drink your way through Charleston - great plan! Here are *some* of the highly reviewed eateries and bars within smooth walking distance of the apt : Hominy Grille, Five Loaves Cafe, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Prohibition, Stella's, Trattoria Lucca, Cannon Green, Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Rarebit, Ink N Ivy, HoM Charleston, SOL Southwest Kitchen and Tequila Bar, The Macintosh, Chez Nous, Basil Thai, King Street Public House, 167 Raw, Belmount Parlor, The Darling, Sorghum & Salt, ICE BING Cafe, 492, Barsa, Hall's Chophouse, Smoke BBQ, D’Allesandro’s Pizza, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Tapio - A Boba Tea Cafe, Cuban Gypsy Pantry, Proof... and the list goes on and on. Again all within a block to a few blocks of the apt - and all 4 to 5 stars on Yelp! You shall not go hungry in Charleston.
*NOTE* While being close to the action is one of the most attractive things about the unit, it can get noisy at times. To counteract the noise we have installed bespoke sound proofing window inserts (at end of April 2017) to reduce the noise by 75%. We also give sleep machines in the both bedrooms, for those that are super light sleepers. The fire department is located right next door. We enjoy the additional security of having them, but they do run the siren briefly when they pull out of the station. With our new sound proof window inserts, the sound of the firetruck is minimal - however even before the inserts we never had any guest complaints about the sound of the fire trucks. So now we have the most striking of both worlds - a beautiful apt located in the heart of Charleston nighttime life, and a inviting interior buffered from the street noise.
You will have access to complimentary off-street parking for TWO cars - parked front to back. Parking for Unit B is on the right. Your classic Charleston private porch is a great place to enjoy coffee or drinks. Our apartments feature keyless entry to make your check in straighforward 24 hours a day, and your stay will be just that more peaceful with no keys to lose.
Household items/appliances include microwave, coffee maker, coffee filters, refrigerator, oven/range, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, full length mirror, magnifying mirror, hangers, dishes, washer and dryer, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, vacuum, broom, shampoo, conditioner, soap, beach towels, bath towels and linens.
Our beds are super appealing and include bed bug proof bed and pillow covers.
Additional Business Traveler Ready Items include: High-speed wireless internet, usb charging stations for your devices as well as alarm clocks in each bedroom, sleep machine in front bedroom, desk/workspace in each bedroom as well as in the kitchen, 24 hour check-in with secure keyless entry, and off street parking for 2 cars.
3 Cannon is a non-smoking home. If you need to smoke, please do so outdoor 25 feet away from the doors and dispose of your butts afterwards. Thanks!
Parties are NOT allowed.
min. occupancy is 4 adults. If you have more than 4, consider renting both upstairs and downstairs apartments.
Due to the stairs and the upper porch area, the upstairs unit is not suitable for children. Consider renting the lower unit (A) if you have children which accepts up to 5 people including all babies & children.
There are no dogs and cats allowed.
Interaction with visitors
We are not always in town. We have qualified, knowledgeable, local assistant hosts to step in as needed. We are delighted to help with any issues or give suggestions or advice for your stay via phone or text, but in general we will let you enjoy the unit on your own.
The Cannonborough neighborhood is one of the most trendiest places in the city. Bordering the midtown section of King Street referred to as "Upper King" the neighborhood extends to the west. Mainly consisting of restored 19th century homes, the borough also offers a variety of local dining hot spots including Hominy Grille, Two Boroughs Larder, Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, Five Loaves Cafe, Cannon Green, and many more while maintaining the neighborhood feel.
Staying downtown means that you can walk/bicycle to just about anywhere you want to go. There are two bicycle rental stores half a block from the unit. There is a CARTA bus stop on our block of Cannon St. Hailing a taxi on the street is difficult in Charleston, but there are tons of options for companies that you can call. Also, Uber is very acclaimed and frequently used downtown. If you have more than 2 cars to park, you can use the public parking garage on King Street only a block away.
No events, drugs or excessive drinking is allowed on the premises.
No unregistered visitors between the peaceful hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
Otherwise Have Fun and Appreciate!
- Many rental owners and vacation properties supply Charleston area area printed travel guides that feature promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property manager and the itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are your vacation dates changeable? Shoulder seasons provide incredible discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for discounted prices. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve particular guests, whether it's beachfront homes with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Consider getting trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed a result of health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to fit their Charleston area crew, from relaxed condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners mainly because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most novices will be happy to discover that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
How to find and reserve the right rental property:
Do you think " Location 2 bdm Apt - 75 feet frm King St, Sleeps 4, Free Off-street Parking" is the best rental home for your upcoming visit? Read through this checklist to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental properties start booking very early. To assure the greatest selection of vacation homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Start by choosing which particular area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the choose travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
Most vacation homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your selected trip. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure each person knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Generally speaking, one person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Does the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or close to shopping? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Frequently the older generation has trouble with stairways. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Are you or other individuals in the group visiting with a pet? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of constraints may possibly dismiss a potential rental property. Read your contract carefully! Additional charges may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local companies offer exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the home has everything you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Entire Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. We also suggest promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any required fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be useful.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Nearly all rental home sites ask for reviews after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If anything went wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to note that in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Did everybody have a blast? If everything was amazing, next year's vacation planning will be simple and easy. If the rental home was not quite right, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium - 0.9 miles