- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyDUE TO HOMEAWAY/Vacation Rental By Owner SYSTEM LIMITATIONS, WITH OUR RESERVATION SYSTEM, THE AVAILABILITY AND PRICING IS NOT ACCURATE. WE ONLY MAINTAIN OUR WEBSITE FOR PRICING AND AVAILABILITY. PHONE OR EMAIL US FOR PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
This newly renovated one bedroom studio, carriage home unit sleeps two people. This unit is at ground level with a magnificent courtyard just outdoor the front door. There is a thoroughly supplied kitchen area, a Queen size bed, a table for 4 and a full bathroom with a shower. This unit also has a full washer/dryer unit, computer and flat screen tv. The courtyard is shared with two other units and includes a fire pit, seating. There is one off-street parking space, which is also shared with other units. Cozy and convenient choice for a stay of any length! The location of this unit is convenient and within walking distance of the downtown area. This is a ground floor unit, there are no stairs mandatory.
*Hot tub pictured is not currently operable* sorry!
- One dog per stay
- 45 lb limit
- ($30 pet fee +tax)
Please note: if you decide to rent this unit, we require you give a current phone number, e-mail address, and billing address in order for us to comply with the SC Innkeepers Law.
The license # for this rental is: 43782.
- Many rental owners and rental properties supply Charleston area area promotional books that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Look for these magazines and promotional books, since this allows travelers to enjoy the same wonderful attractions at a quite often substantial discounted.
- Desire to stay away from crowds of people and save some money? Off-peak times offer sizeable bargains.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat visitors of the same property. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most closely suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Advice
Many people are surprised to discover the number of vacation rentals are located in Charleston area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Where to find and reserve the best rental home:
Before you start to book "Adorable Carriage House with a Great Courtyard! - 227D", go through our short checklist of factors to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area rental properties start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Agreement can be tough among close relatives, but the moment this challenging part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your desired trip. It might be at the high end of the range. If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, ensure everybody understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most of the time, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
What amenities is the group trying to find? Do you want a rental with open-air kitchen? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Does the property have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do a few members of your group have special needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental. Read your agreement very carefully! Service fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
As soon as the place, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental home management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should disaster strike.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Many times, neighboring homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most property management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to offer comments. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
How did they like the vacation rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles