- As low as $311/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 2 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Travel crib
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 5
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
This 2-bedroom, 2.5 bath lower-level unit of a two-story home combines Folly Beach appeal with a modern sensibility. The home was constructed in the 1930s, but has been refreshed to add all of the modern amenities and a modern decor.
The home is attractively located for visitors who want to walk to all of the local attractions. The beach, the pier, and BLU, the only ocean front restaurant and bar in the Charleston area, and Center St. are within simple walking distance (1-2 blocks).
Any correspondence from me will come from a Hostaway e-mail address. Please be on the look-out for my emails, and if you don't get anything, please check your junk file.
Hock Homes Vacation Rental Guest Agreement
Guests agree to the following rules and understand that possible termination of occupancy may occur if the rules are not adhered to.
1.Guest responsible for renting the property must be at least 25 years old and must be staying at the property for the duration of the rental period.
2. Cancellation Policies:
A. Cancelation Policy: Reservations that are cancelled at least 60 days prior to arrival will receive a full refund of the deposit. Guests who cancel within 60 days of check-in will not receive any refund.
B. Hurricane Cancellation Policy: Cancellation due to impending storms, inclement weather or other acts of God are not eligible for refunds. Only if a mandatory evacuation order is given by the Governor of South Carolina, will any refund be given, and the refund will be only for the unused days of the reservation.
C. Pandemic Cancellation Policy: If your dates are affected by any town closings or travel restrictions due to a pandemic, we will offer to reschedule your vacation for different dates for up to a year from your original check-in date. If your new dates fall during a higher-priced season, we will offer a 20% discount on the difference between the two quotes. We strongly suggest that you get "Cancel for any Reason" travel insurance as we will not be offering refunds for cancelations due to the pandemic.
3. A deposit of 50% of the total rental cost is due to book the property. Final payment is due 21 days prior to arrival (where applicable).
4.Guests understand that no refunds or adjustments will be made due to any equipment or appliance malfunction. Hock Homes will make every effort to have the repairs made as quickly as possible.
5.Guests understand that the homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. All guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
6.Check-in is a 4:00. Check-out is at 10:00.
7.Guests must adhere to the parking policy: There are two off-street parking spots for the unit. Any additional cars, golf-carts, bicycles, etc. must be parked on the street.
8.Guests may not move furnishings and must use coasters for all drinks.
9.Guests may not have family pets in the home.
10.Guests may not have events. Parties of any kind will result in immediate termination of rental agreement with no refund issued. Parties include dinner events, family get-togethers, or any other gathering that includes more than the max. number of occupants that the home sleeps. Loud music, screaming, yelling, dancing, or any other noise violations are also prohibited. Our home has two units and we expect our guests to be respectful of the guests staying in the other unit.
11.Guests must adhere to the max. occupancy of the property. (Downstairs = 6, Upstairs = 8, Cottage = 4)
12.Guests must follow Folly Beach guidelines for trash and recycling pick-up.
a.Garbage pick up is Mondays and Thursdays mornings by 7:00 a.m.
b.Recycling is every other Monday by 7:00 a.m.
c.All garbage and recycling containers must be placed on the street the evening prior to pick-up and removed from the street by 6:00 p.m. on trash day.
13.Guests may not smoke anywhere on the property including the porches.
14.Guests must leave the home clean upon checkout. Your cleaning fee covers the deep clean of the kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, and living spaces (dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning, sanitizing, etc). It also covers the washing and drying of the bed and bath linen. It does not cover the following:
A. Remove all items from the refrigerator and freezer; wipe up any
B. Take out trash and recycling to the huge green and blue cans in back.
C. Roll cans to the curb ONLY if checking out on or the day before trash day.
D. Remove any clutter and/or trash from the porches and/or yard. (You may leave beach accessories if they are in working order. Damaged chairs, floats, and toys should be removed.)
E. Run the dishwasher.
F. Put all used towels in front of the washing machine.
G. Do not remove bed linen. The housekeepers will strip the beds.
H. Make sure that the thermostat is set to 78 in summer and 65 in winter.
15.Guests understand that the credit card on file will be charged for any damage done to the unit or any of the contents of the unit. Additional charges may apply for the following reasons:
a.Failure to follow the check-out day cleaning instructions.
b.Failure to check-out by the specified check-out time (10:00 a.m.)
c.Failure to follow the trash/recycling instructions.
d.Having an unapproved pet on the premises.
e.Disturbing other guests by not following the policies listed in # 10.
About the Area
Located in Folly Beach, this apartment is by the sea. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and West Ashley Greenway are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Splash Zone Waterpark and Charleston Museum. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or South Carolina Aquarium if you're traveling with kids.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best Charleston area rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the largest vacation home for your budget, we highly recommend booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked early. Booking your vacation home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Owners sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines contain discounts for local accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Planning and choosing yourvacation home:
- Begin by selecting trip dates and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Airy & Bright Folly Condo; Close to Everything has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is almost always available on booking pages. If not, email the property manager before you book the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Is your group looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you will need a pet-friendly property. Ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Add the host's contact info to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- To ensure that damages are not attributed to your stay, make note of any problem areas during check in. message the host right away to record any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect your property!
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on great ratings to drive more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.