- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00781
Our historic Charleston-style home has been newly redone and is centrally located downtown. Guests will relish an substantial amount of space and privacy having the entire 2nd floor of this duplex unit all to themselves. Our apartment has a dazzling and open design and a modern style interior. Throughout the apartment you will find new appliances and entertainment, chic furnishings upon wood floors, vaulted ceilings, colorful decor, and an abundance of plants/greenery which encourages a anxiety-complimentary stay.
The unit includes:
An Open, Voluminous Living Room. After ascending to the second floor of the duplex unit, visitors are welcomed by the sizable, open living room area that includes vaulted ceilings, exposed brick, and a Moroccan inspired interior design. Here you will find a couch bordered by side tables, a coffee table, flat-screen TV mounted on the wall, and 2 club chairs making it the ultimate space to relax and relax with your fellow visitors after a day of exploring.
A Thoroughly-Equipped Kitchen. The dining and kitchen areas are open to the living room making it the ultimate space to spend quality time with your fellow travelers. Between the living room and kitchen, is a circular dining table surrounded by 4 beautiful dining chairs. The kitchen includes brand new countertops, a standard-sized refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, stovetop, a coffee maker, toaster, and plenty of storage space to meet all of your preparing needs. In this area you will also find a storage closet that homes the washer/dryer.
1 Loft-Style Bedroom. This Moroccan style bedroom is lofted, open to the living room area, and just right for the fun-loving guest(s) who savor being amidst all the action. From the living room, climb up the ladder to discover this trendy, awe-inspiring nook. In the loft is a king sized bed, bedside table, a modest table surrounded by upsized cushions and chairs, making it the ultimate hangout spot.
4 Bedrooms. The 2 bedrooms located toward the front side of the home each have a king sized bed, bedside tables with lamps, a generous walk-in closet, ensuite bathrooms, a flat screen TV, and a ceiling fan. The 2 bedrooms located toward the back side of the home each have a queen sized bed, bedside tables with lamps, a enormous walk-in closet, ensuite bathrooms, a flat screen TV, a ceiling fan, and a modest dresser.
4 ½ Bathrooms. All 4 ½ bathrooms have been newly modernized and feature new tile, fixtures, vanities, mirrors, and plenty of space. The two ensuite bathrooms off the bedrooms located toward the front side of the home include full bathtub/showers. The two ensuite bathrooms located off the bedrooms toward the backside of the home feature standup showers.
A Second Floor Balcony. Located off of a front side bedroom, the huge balcony includes plenty of outdoor seating ideal for big groups. Relish the appealing Charleston weather, drinks at sunset, or your morning cup of coffee, while people watching and soaking up the pretty scenery from the 2nd floor balcony.
Whether you are planning a inviting hideaway with family or a trip filled with action-packed adventures with friends, rest assured knowing that you will have a private, enormous, and appealing place to call home.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd-floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park two cars off the street in close by a parking lot, accessible just a few homes down.
The home is located in the heart of the Striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amicable neighbors, calming eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic beauty. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most superb things to do and see.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas Cafe. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, libations, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation properties supply Charleston area area vacation discount guides which feature promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local merchant itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows visitors to enjoy those terrific attractions at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are the trip dates changeable? Shoulder seasons offer amazing deals.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction you simply love, look for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners often offer their guests the chance to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to discover how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to suit their Charleston area crew, from tranquil condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be happy to know that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
Finding and booking the right vacation property:
Do you believe "Agave (Suite B) - Downtown 6 Blocks from King - 1 Block from Ashley Ave" is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental properties start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of your trip. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Community and Time
Start by figuring out which particular area of Charleston area you want to browse, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Does your favorite rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking an expensive rental. A single individual in your company will need to be responsible for getting repayments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Does the unit need to be beach front, the downtown area, or in close proximity to restaurants? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Often times the older generation has trouble with stairways. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the gang visiting with a pup? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. Study your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are included.
Best places to Search
As soon as the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies offer fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your best opportunity for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should tragedy strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the rental to ensure that you've packed all personal belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most rental home management companies and rental websites allow renters to give comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your feedback.
Did they love their vacation? Maybe everything ended up being wonderful and you are excited to reserve the rental home for next season. If the rental was not perfect, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles