- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 004378
Our historic Charleston-style home has been newly remodeled and is centrally located downtown. Guests will appreciate an bountiful amount of space and privacy having the entire 2nd floor of this duplex unit all to themselves. Our apartment has a radiant and open design and a modern style interior. Throughout the apartment you will find new appliances and entertainment, chic furnishings upon wood floors, vaulted ceilings, colorful decor, and an abundance of plants/greenery which encourages a anxiety-complimentary stay.
The unit includes:
A 2n-story front porch. Sit back and relax on the front porch seating while relishing your morning cup of coffee or a drink at sunset.
An Open, Roomy Living Room. After ascending to the second floor of the duplex unit, visitors are welcomed by the huge, open living room area that includes vaulted ceilings, exposed brick, and a Moroccan inspired interior design. Here you will find a couch bordered by side tables, a coffee table, flat-screen TV mounted on the wall, and 2 club chairs making it the ultimate space to relax and relax with your fellow visitors after a day of exploring.
A Entirely-Equipped Kitchen. The dining and kitchen areas are open to the living room making it the ultimate space to spend quality time with your fellow travelers. Between the living room and kitchen, is a circular dining table surrounded by 4 beautiful dining chairs. The kitchen includes brand new countertops, a standard-sized refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, stovetop, a coffee maker, toaster, and plenty of storage space to meet all of your preparing needs. In this area you will also find a storage closet that homes the washer/dryer.
1 Loft-Style Bedroom. This Moroccan style bedroom is lofted, open to the living room area, and ideal for the fun-loving guest(s) who savor being amidst all the action. From the living room, climb up the ladder to discover this trendy, awe-inspiring nook. In the loft is a king sized bed, bedside table, a modest table surrounded by upsized cushions and chairs, making it the ultimate hangout spot.
4 Bedrooms. The 2 bedrooms located toward the front side of the home each have a king sized bed, bedside tables with lamps, a huge walk-in closet, ensuite bathrooms, a flat screen TV, and a ceiling fan. The 2 bedrooms located toward the back side of the home each have a queen sized bed, bedside tables with lamps, a enormous walk-in closet, ensuite bathrooms, a flat screen TV, a ceiling fan, and a modest dresser.
4 ½ Bathrooms. All 4 ½ bathrooms have been newly modernized and feature new tile, fixtures, vanities, mirrors, and plenty of space. The two ensuite bathrooms off the bedrooms located toward the front side of the home include full bathtub/showers. The two ensuite bathrooms located off the bedrooms toward the backside of the home feature standup showers.
A Second Floor Balcony. Located off of a front side bedroom, the generous balcony includes plenty of outdoor seating ideal for big groups. Appreciate the handsome Charleston weather, drinks at sunset, or your morning cup of coffee, while people watching and soaking up the superb scenery from the 2nd floor balcony.
Whether you are planning a inviting hideaway with family or a trip filled with action-packed adventures with friends, rest assured knowing that you will have a private, roomy, and appealing place to call home.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd-floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park two cars off the street in close by a parking lot, accessible just a few homes down.
The home is located in the heart of the impressive and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amiable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very famed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix effortlessly located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the peerless things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you tourism guide books with special offers for accommodations, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these books and coupon books, as this allows visitors to discover the very same attractions at a substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Shoulder seasons special offer terrific savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies offer markdowns to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed due to medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rental homes are available in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to come across a vacation home which matches their desires and spending budget.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage online marketing, housekeeping and routine maintenance.
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book "Agave (Suite B) - Downtown 6 Blocks from King - 1 Block from Ashley Ave", examine our short list of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Charleston area the best rentals are booked early. To guarantee the greatest choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Many households choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Agreement can often be complicated between family members, but once this tricky part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Many rental homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It may be at the top end of the range. If many groups or families are sharing the cost, confirm that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental home with outdoor dining area? Will the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or near wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property payment? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Appropriate accessibility could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a family dog? Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and breeds could be limited. Study your agreement carefully! Charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start your Search
Once the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation home has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. This is most effective during the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover damage, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager without delay.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little. Even though you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental should be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied before leaving.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites allow renters to provide comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was unacceptable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. If not, you've gained useful experience to aid with another search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles