- 4 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe apartment is adorable and very voluminous. We are located in the center to go in any direction. Downtown is literally 5-10 mins., West Ashley your there automatically, James Island 10-15 mins. away. Mt. Nice is 20 mins. away. All beaches are roughly 30 mins. away in all directions.
We have the most awe-inspiring cycling & hiking trail. You literally can get to the bicycle path in 5 mins. walking from the apartment and if you go to the left and follow the trail till the end you will be on a pier that literally shows the Citadel from a distance. If you like fishing or crabbing this pier is striking and if you want a little sun this is a ideal spot as well with the most amazing vistas!
If you do not drive no worries because we have our transit system 5 mins. away from the apartment.
WiFi available for your appreciation. Two generous screened TV’s, washer & Dryer for your use if need be. Coffee Maker, dishwasher if needed.
Parking if you do drive is right in front of apartment no fee.
The choice part is the apartment is literally a hidden secret. Our neighborhood is very peaceful and very diverse with many cultures. The Rainbow for sure. My neighbors are marvelous and are there if you may need anything, but I will be available to assist you in anyway just let me know how I may serve and if I don’t know Google does, so please let me know if you need me for anything.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send you promotional tourism guide books with special offers for rental properties, restaurants and attractions. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your dates? Off-peak times offer remarkable markdowns.
- Are you a military veteran? Some management companies provide price savings to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to night life. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and places of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed a result of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals can be found in Charleston area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners often select management companies to facilitate advertising, house cleaning services and regular maintenance.
We have assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Do you think "A Little Slice of Heaven" is the best rental for your next trip? Read this guide to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation homes start booking early. To assure the very best choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and booking your Charleston area getaway Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for families to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Choose your Town and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging part of preparing for your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest is simplier and easier.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Be aware that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Confirm that "A Little Slice of Heaven" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Do you primarily want a rental home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Do some people in your group have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a pup? Animals are welcome at many rental homes, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be controlled. Read your agreement carefully! Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from having distinctive properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best potential for a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts should be helpful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most rental property web sites request comments after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Did they like the vacation rental? With a little luck everything was outstanding and you're happy to re-book the same rental for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've gained valuable experience to help with your next search.
- The Citadel - 3.0 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.1 miles
- Hampton Park - 3.2 miles
- City Marina - 3.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 3.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 4.2 miles
- James Island County Park - 4.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 4.3 miles