- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis is an authentic Brick Home constructed (c 1894 ) The builders of this unit were in the shipping work and a wharf was constructed into the river to accommodate the owner's ships. Unit taxes at that time were based on a front footage assessment and the typical single home was placed so that the narrow side of the home would be on the street side. This unit faces South which made it even more accessible to the prevailing summer southwest winds. Appreciate the afternoon wind and to give shade for the home itself from the afternoon sun.
On the main floor is an refined dining room with cute hand made 60 inch mahogany table. And 6 dinning room chairs Just across is the living room. It is decorated with calming upholstered couch and chairs and accented with fine antiques , The kitchen with a sub-zero refrigerator , a Viking range and a Bosch dishwasher with stone counters, with light filled French door bluestone terrace and lush garden
The next floor homes 2 bedroom has a paisa that over looks the lush rear patio the other suite has on suite full bath
The garden is big and Striking. The areas adjoining the home is a terraced area in ol Blue Stone flowering plants. The planting in the main garden is a balanced mixture of evergreens which give shape, texture, and definition on a year round basis, and flowering shrubs and plants which give a bouquet of color and scent as the seasons evolve. In the center of the outdoor terrace there is a gas fireplace . The fountain is automatically lighted at nighttime and bathes the whole area with the ambiance of warm light and gurgling sounds. It is thoroughly private from the street and entirely enclosed and offers phenomenal opportunities for entertaining.
The home sits one min. from Forsyth park which defines the historic boundaries of the Old City's peerless residential area. The home is within mins. of walking to the historic home museums, antique stores, art galleries, stores and famed eateries.
- Many property managers and vacation homes supply Charleston area area vacation discount catalogs that feature promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the merchant itself. Look for these publications and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to experience the very same fantastic attractions with a typically significantly discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times offer up sizeable savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of rental companies provide discount rates to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some rentals are basically catered to specific vacationers, whether it is oceanside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the number and wide range of weekly rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to select a rental which fits their desires and budget.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and working experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book a great rental property:
Before you decide to book " 2 Bedroom in Heart of Downtown Savannah walk to Forsyth Park", read through our short checklist of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many trendy hot spots, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Charleston area you would like to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Many vacation homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the rate for your preferred week. It could be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. A single individual in your group must be responsible for collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are sheet sets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Do some people in your crew have specific needs? Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the group traveling with a dog? Even though a number of vacation rentals allow pets or animals, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match visitors with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering exclusive rental properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Read through the full agreement and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, guests have to pay state taxes when booking " 2 Bedroom in Heart of Downtown Savannah walk to Forsyth Park", in addition to various other additional fees which may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Make sure that you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage when you arrive. We also advise promptly calling the property manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any necessary fixes. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Frequently, surrounding properties are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental to be sure you've packed all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental home? Many property management companies and rental search sites permit renters to provide reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your review.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning will be simple. Maybe the rental property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next trip.
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles