- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis is an authentic Brick Home constructed (c 1894 ) The builders of this unit were in the shipping work and a wharf was constructed into the river to accommodate the owner's ships. Unit taxes at that time were based on a front footage assessment and the typical single home was placed so that the narrow side of the home would be on the street side. This unit faces South which made it even more accessible to the prevailing summer southwest winds. Adore the afternoon wind and to give shade for the home itself from the afternoon sun.
On the main floor is an handsome dining room with superb hand made 60 inch mahogany table. And 6 dinning room chairs Just across is the living room. It is decorated with comfortable upholstered couch and chairs and accented with fine antiques , The kitchen with a sub-zero refrigerator , a Viking range and a Bosch dishwasher with stone counters, with light filled French door bluestone terrace and lush garden
The next floor homes 2 bedroom has a paisa that over looks the lush rear patio the other suite has on suite full bath
The garden is voluminous and glamourous. The areas adjoining the home is a terraced area in ol Blue Stone flowering plants. The planting in the main garden is a balanced mixture of evergreens which give shape, texture, and definition on a year round basis, and flowering shrubs and plants which give a bouquet of color and scent as the seasons evolve. In the center of the outdoor terrace there is a gas fireplace . The fountain is automatically lighted at nighttime and bathes the whole area with the ambiance of warm light and gurgling sounds. It is completely private from the street and entirely enclosed and offers marvelous opportunities for entertaining.
The home sits one min. from Forsyth park which defines the historic boundaries of the Old City's peerless residential area. The home is within mins. of walking to the historic home museums, antique stores, art galleries, stores and famed eateries.
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties provide Charleston area area travel catalogs which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by vendors, or through a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, as this allows travelers to enjoy those fantastic activities at a frequently considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you can travel? The off-peak seasons frequently offer incredible rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies provide discounts to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve particular clients, whether it's soundside units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area activity that you love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners often offer clients an opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover how many rental properties are available in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to locate a vacation home that meets their desires and spending plan.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in assisting guests with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, and any routine service issues that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Before you decide to book " 2 Bedroom in Heart of Downtown Savannah walk to Forsyth Park", examine our short checklist of things to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Charleston area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of a trip. A lot of visitors plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Consensus can be difficult between relatives, but once this complicated part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Decide on a Size
Establish who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Keep in mind that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure that " 2 Bedroom in Heart of Downtown Savannah walk to Forsyth Park" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What home features is the family searching for? Do you primarily desire a rental home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the property have bikes and body boards for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Occasionally the elder generation has challenges with staircases. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure to include your pets. Pets are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines can vary. Many constraints might dismiss a potential vacation property. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start your Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of comparable homes that fit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should disaster strike.
After you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear soon after you arrive. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be very helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The property is required to be in sound condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Nearly all rental home sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive critiques. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you'll want to note that in your review.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their rental? Maybe everything turned out to be outstanding and you're excited to reserve the same rental for your next vacation. If the property wasn't ideal, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles