- As low as $540/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kitchen island
- No pets allowed
- Porch or lanai
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This 3-story Colonial Revival home with Craftsman style features four bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, a screened in back porch, and courtyard!
On the first floor of the home you will find a cavernous entry, traditional dining room, living room, refreshed Kitchen and a half bathroom. The dining room has a enormous dining table to seat six and a bay window to look out to handsome Colonial Street! The living room is just off the dining room and kitchen and is the ideal place to relax and watch a movie on the intelligent TV! The kitchen was freshly updated and features bespoke cabinets, loads of storage and granite countertops. There is a modest desk as well for all of your work from home needs! The huge island homes an additional-deep sink and seating for a family of five. Appliances include a sub-zero refrigerator/freezer, Wolf 6-burner gas range, Bosch dishwasher, Samsung Microwave, and Dacor Warming Drawer. The tile floor features an integral heating system to keep you warm and toasty in the winter.
The back porch is screened and overlooks the garden. It can be accessed from the dining room and the kitchen, and has a comfortable couch and chairs for you to relax and appreciate the gorgeous Charleston weather!
The second floor homes the master suite, laundry room, guest bedroom, and bath. The roomy master suite features a King size bed, walk in closet, and huge en suite bathroom. The master bathroom features a clawfoot tub, double vanity, sizable granite and glass shower, and a separate toilet room. The laundry room is very spacious and has loads of cabinets for added storage. A modest but handy feature, the pass-through from the master bath to the laundry accepts you to drop your dirty laundry right into the laundry basket. The guest bedroom also features a King size bed and loads of natural light! The guest bath was newly updated and features the original butler's pantry cabinetry from the first floor, and a sizable cultured-granite and glass shower.
The top floor of the home includes two huge bedrooms, and a bath with an original pedestal tub/shower. Each bedroom has a comfortable queen size bed. In one bedroom you will find a large desk and comfortable chair. This bedroom would double as the ideal home office!
Off street parking is located in the driveway.
*Animals approved on a case by case basis with a $250 fee per pet.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. The Governor's House Inn and Unitarian Church are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Charleston City Market and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the perfect vacation rental experience:
Getting the best value:
- June, July, and August are high season in Charleston. Reserve your Charleston area rental home in Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your rental property six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation home.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group.
- Booking websites typically offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local stories, travel guide magazines have discounts for nearby accommodations and attractions.
How to select the perfect rental in the Charleston area area:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation week, and select a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. 5 Colonial 4br/3.5ba has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally available on booking websites. If not, contact the host before you book your rental. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Is your family looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or might be applied to your contract.
More tips for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas during arrival. message the property manager immediately to record your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be respectful. Often, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Double-check every room of the rental property to confirm that you've packed all belongings on check-out day. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to compel new reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best rental home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.4 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.5 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.6 miles
- Washington Square - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.6 miles
- White Point Garden - 0.7 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.7 miles