- As low as $162/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Deck or patio
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Upon entering this attractively refreshed home, you are greeted with a nice open floor plan that leads straight from the living area to the kitchen. The cavernous living room features an original fireplace (not operable) as a focal point. This home is full of historic Charleston appeal! The kitchen features all new stainless steel appliances, cabinetry and countertops , as well as a enormous pantry storage space on the on the opposite wall. There is also a washer/dryer conveniently tucked away in a closet beside the pantry. Off of the kitchen is a side door which leads out to the adorable patio with comfortable outdoor furnishings! Enter in or out to the street via the original iron gate entryway.
Each of the three bedrooms are located off a hallway to the right of the kitchen space. The master bedroom, being the first bedroom on the right, has a queen size bed, it's own ensuite bathroom + roomy walk in closet.
The two adjacent bedrooms are down the hallway. The second bedroom has a queen sized bed and ample storage space. The third bedroom has a twin sized day bed, with a trundle twin bed underneath. The third bedroom also has a desk, ideal for working from home, or schoolwork! The second full bathroom is located at the end of the hall, ideal for guests.
One off street parking space for one modest car is supplied with this rental!
**Dogs can be negotiated with $250 fee per pet fee.
The Westside is known for as the home of the Charleston RiverDogs minor league baseball team, who play at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Nearby, Brittlebank Park stretches along the Ashley River, with walking trails, a fishing pier, and picnic areas. Harmon Field has sports courts and a playground, while Johnson Hagood Stadium hosts Citadel college football games. Lively eateries serve seafood and New American fare.
Other things to note-
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
*Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests staying with Duvet Homes have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy beverages, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $30 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $50 per person: Saturdays
Monthly passes can be purchased for a discounted rate
*Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Seasonality, Weather factors, and are
first come, first serve, so please make sure to confirm operating hours for the dates of your stay.
Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 6 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 6+ rent a Cabana.
All guests must be at least 25 years or older to access the Club and must consent (in
writing) to the Club Rules and Regulations.
*Please also note that Duvet Homes is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY-
Included With Each Stay:
We provide enough of the following items to get you started: Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion), Mini Dish/Laundry Detergents & Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Hampton Park. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. Book your rental in Spring or Fall to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Booking websites usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Often, rental management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to choose the perfect rental home:
- To start, have your family agree to the best dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. 38 Kennedy St, 3Bd/2Ba has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available on booking websites. If not, contact the property management company before booking the property. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or could be applied to your contract.
- Looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
Some things to know before you go:
- Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents a lot of difficulties.
- Protect the owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if damages are assessed.
- Be respectful. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Just before checking out, complete a walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent ratings to compel more bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.6 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles