- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyLocated in the heart of downtown Charleston. The historic Ashley Inn includes generous verandas, calming guest rooms, Striking vistas and great location to discover the city.
Our third floor loft suite includes a queen bed with new pillow top bed and quality linens, laptop affable workspace/ vanity, private bathroom and a living space with a sleeper couch and a elegant sunset view. We give complimentary wifi, flat screen intelligent tv?s with Netflix and cable.
The room includes a mini refrigerator, microwave, and a coffee machine. Feel at home in this comfortable yet big hideaway.
Just a refined 10 min. walk away from famed King Street, with the most brilliant eateries, bars and shopping. Walking distance from the MUSC or CofC campus and Marion square as well and a brief ride to attractions like waterfront park, the battery, or the city market. The downtown location is only 20 mins. out from our best beaches.
Keypad locks give seamless check in
In room google hubs provides our visitors with weather and traffic updates, local recommendations, speaker and ambient sounds ( we leave the mic in the off position for the privacy of our visitors.)
Free bicycles available for guest use. On site parking is available for $5 a nighttime.
Please keep in mind this unit is on the third floor and only accessed by two flights of stairs.
Patriots Point and USS Yorktown
Charleston City Market
Charleston Battery and White Point Garden
Nathaniel Russell House
Edmondson Alston House
Joseph Manigault House
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus offer printed guide books with deals for rental properties, restaurants and tours. Look for these guides and promotional books, because this allows vacationers to discover the same activities with a frequently significantly discounted.
- Desire to stay away from packed areas and spend less? Off-peak times provide remarkable bargains.
- Several management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the Military, or returning vacationers to the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve particular customers, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home that most closely satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to fit their Charleston area family, from relaxed condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be delighted to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "201 Ashley Loft suite", read through our short list of things to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned destinations, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked early. To guarantee the greatest selection of homes, we advise searching and booking your Charleston area rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Pick your Place and Vacation Week
Start by determining which particular area of Charleston area you'd like to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your family. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Many rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your chosen trip. It could be at the high end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking an expensive rental property. Most rental documents require a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you primarily desire a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Proper accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, factor that into your search. Most rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a dog? Although quite a few rentals allow animal friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Aside from having exceptional rental properties, local companies offer you fantastic service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners often offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
When you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover problems, or if repairs are needed call the property manager straight away. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be helpful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a lot more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental home to ensure you've gathered all valuables.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Most rental home management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point as part of your review.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a good time? We hope this guide helped you find a great rental home. If not, you've gained valuable experience that can help with another search.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles