- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyLocated in the heart of downtown Charleston. The historic Ashley Inn includes splendid verandas, appealing guest rooms, elegant vistas and great location to discover the city.
Our third floor loft suite includes a queen bed with new pillow top bed and quality linens, laptop chummy workspace/ vanity, private bathroom and a living space with a sleeper couch and a handsome sunset view. We give complimentary wifi, flat screen intelligent tv’s with Netflix and cable.
The room includes a mini refrigerator, microwave, and a coffee machine. Feel at home in this comfortable yet generous hideaway.
Just a pretty 10 min. walk away from famed King Street, with the peerless eateries, bars and shopping. Walking distance from the MUSC or CofC campus and Marion square as well and a brief ride to attractions like waterfront park, the battery, or the city market. The downtown location is only 20 mins. out from our most enchanting beaches.
Keypad locks give seamless check in
In room google hubs provides our visitors with weather and traffic updates, local recommendations, speaker and ambient sounds ( we leave the mic in the off position for the privacy of our visitors.)
Free bicycles available for guest use. On site parking is available for $5 a nighttime.
Please keep in mind this unit is on the third floor and only accessed by two flights of stairs.
Patriots Point and USS Yorktown
Charleston City Market
Charleston Battery and White Point Garden
Nathaniel Russell House
Edmondson Alston House
Joseph Manigault House
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most official tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guide books with special packages for lodging, restaurants and attractions. Look for these magazines and promotional books, since this allows vacationers to discover those wonderful activities with a significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to shift your trip dates? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discounted rates. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific groups of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and landmarks you are most looking forward to.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Information
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the range and selection of short-term rentals available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many beginners will be happy to find that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Finding and reserving the right vacation property:
Do you believe "201 Ashley Loft suite" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many trendy hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Many groups decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Sometimes, the hardest part of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Consider that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Will the chosen vacation property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a costly rental home. A single member of your family will need to be responsible for collecting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you simply want a rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property payment? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Do a few members of your crew have special needs? Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other members of the party traveling with a furry friend? Although many rental homes permit canine companions, rules and charges fluctuate per property. A number of limitations might dismiss a prospective rental. Examine your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
The best places to Search
After the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from offering exclusive properties, local agencies offer superb service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of very similar homes that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read through the Total Contract
Read through the complete agreement and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental Property
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are needed contact the home manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often, neighboring properties are lived in by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Virtually all rental web sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Does everyone want to re-book next year? Maybe everything turned out to be wonderful and you are all set to reserve the same rental for your next vacation. If the property was not ideal, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles