- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyLocated in the heart of downtown Charleston near upper King st. and MUSC. The historic Ashley Inn includes grandiose verandas, inviting guest rooms, pretty vistas and great location to discover the city.
This first floor suite includes a queen bed with brand new bed and quality linens, sitting area, private bathroom with extravagance niceties. We give complimentary wifi, flat screen intelligent tv’s with Netflix and cable. The room includes coffee machine with local coffee and tea and access to common mini refrigerator and ice machine.
Just a beautiful 10 min. walk away from famed King Street, with the best eateries, bars and shopping. We adore this location as its located in the quieter residential side of town but still so close to everything. Walking distance from the MUSC or CofC campus and Marion square as well and a brief ride to attractions like waterfront park, the battery, or the city market. The downtown location is only 20 mins. out from our most striking beaches.
Keypad locks give convenient and seamless check in
In room google hubs provides our visitors with weather and traffic updates, local recommendations, speaker and ambient sounds ( we leave the mic in the off position for the privacy of our visitors.)
Guide books and our local city suggestions are supplied in each room. Our managers are also just a phone call away to help with any needs or issues during your stay.
Free bicycles available for guest use. On site parking is available for $5 a nighttime.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and vacation houses supply Charleston area area travel discount catalogs which include offers, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local merchant itself. Look for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a possibly significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to change your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many management companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it's beachfront rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a result of medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, vacationers are certain to locate a rental home that suits their expectations and spending plan.
Virtually all rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to facilitate internet marketing, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to learn that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
How to find and reserve a great rental home:
Before you decide to book "Stunning 1st Floor Queen Room in Downtown", review our short collection of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer escapes..
Choose a Town and Date
Agreement can often be challenging between members of the family, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Many rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your desired stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking a pricey rental property. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What property features is the group trying to find? Do you want a rental with open-air lounge? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Don't forget to include your best friend! While a number of rentals allow animals, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be limited. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Several websites exist to match renters with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to having distinctive properties, local agencies provide you with excellent service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental has everything you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of similar properties that suit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Go Through The Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, guests will have to pay local taxes when booking "Stunning 1st Floor Queen Room in Downtown", along with various other additional fees which might be required based upon their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any fixes.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding properties are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make certain you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to provide reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles