- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyHoliday in the cool, coastal opulence of Boardwalk Home 114’s beautiful interior. The whole family will relish the home’s huge common rooms and well-appointed bedrooms. This cute row home is located into the heart of the colorful Boardwalk, giving you and your visitors the ultimate Wild Dunes Feel. Stroll to the beach; soak up the sun from our boardwalk cabana, or appreciate a drink and acoustic music on the Grandiose Pavilion- just steps from your doorstep!
Ask about a military discount!
All visitors renting this home will receive full access to all of Wild Dunes Resort's abundant activities and comforts, including:
-Preferred pricing on bicycle units, beach chair units and special events.
- Exclusive access to the Grand Pavilion oceanfront pools, boardwalk, cafe and facilities
- Free access to Island Adventures, Wild Dunes Resort's family recreation program (some activities are complimentary; Fees are charged for many activities, eco-tours, events and camps, etc)
- One hour of complimentary tennis court time per bedroom per day based on availability starting at noon
- Free access to the exercise center, swim center pool, and resort Business Center
- Priority on golf tee times and preferred prices on the Links Course and Harbor Course
- Free transportation within the Resort
Credit authorization mandatory at check in for $90 per day due to ability to charge anything on the resort back to your room. This authorization will be reversed at check out for any funds not used during your stay. Most banks take 5-7 work days to actually credit your card back the funds if using a debit card.
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send travel guides with promotions for property management companies, dining and tours. Keep an eye out for these guides and promotional books, since this allows visitors to discover the very same great attractions at a possibly significantly discounted.
- In a position to change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer substantial deals.
- Many management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning individuals to the same rental. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and interesting attractions you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Home Advice
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rental properties are available in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to facilitate internet marketing, cleaning and maintenance.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many beginners will be delighted to know that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
How to find and reserve the right vacation home:
Do you think "Tranquil Family Home Near Ice Cream Shop" is the perfect rental for your next visit? Read through this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area rental properties start booking very early. To ensure the greatest choice of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. A lot of visitors choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose a Town and Time
Oftentimes, the most challenging part of scheduling your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simpler.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Establish who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you will need. Be aware that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Create a Budget
Most rental properties are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It may be at the top end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a costly vacation property. Generally, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group interested in? Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air dining area? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental rate? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do individual members of your party have specific needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Even though quite a few vacation rentals permit animal friends, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match visitors with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the home management company might know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Your greatest prospects for a lower rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Property management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a little bit. Even if you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The rental home should really be in good shape. Sinks stuffed with pots and pans, excessive sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be remedied prior to leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Just about all rental management companies and rental websites permit renters to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere regarding your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Did they love their rental? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.