- As low as $270/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free offsite parking
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking includes off-street options
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Service animals exempt from fees
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Street parking available
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1300 sq ft (120.8 sq m)
- USD 250 per pet per stay
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1300 square feet
Appreciate the really unique opportunity to live in one of Charleston’s most spectacular and iconic properties, the William Ravenel House at 13 East Battery, located in the heart of Charleston’s historic South of Broad neighborhood. Suite A is a newly restored two bedroom, one bathroom apartment located on the third floor of this circa 1845 Charleston mansion. Living here, you will get the authentic Charleston experience, with striking vistas of the harbor, Carolina Yacht Club, and the gorgeous homes of lower Church Street. Here, you will find twelve foot ceilings, original heart pine floor, handsome mantels, and a mixture of antique and modern decor throughout. Overlooking Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, the high Battery walk, and just a few steps from White Point Gardens, you will be within walking distance from many of Charleston’s eateries, bars, art galleries, and museums.
The side entrance, just steps away from the private parking, leads you to the stairway. A new elevator is readily accessible from the other side of the building. Please keep in mind if you would like to use the elevator, you will need to sign a waiver!
When you enter the front door of this roomy apartment, you are greeted with loads of natural light and front-to-back vistas. The living room features comfortable seating including a couch and two chairs, and a sizable Intelligent TV. Also in this space you will find a dining table with seating for four. This space is open to the newly refreshed kitchen, making it ideal for entertaining! The kitchen has seating for three at the kitchen island, and features plenty of cabinet space, and stainless steel appliances. The historic touches throughout including the decorative fireplaces make this space cozy and inviting!
Just off the open living room/kitchen area is the first of the two bedrooms. Here you will find a opulent King size bed, decorative fireplace, and enormous armoire for clothing storage. The other bedroom features handsome garden vistas, a Queen size bed, and two closets. The bathroom is in between the two bedrooms and features a black and white tile floor, huge vanity with granite countertop, a combo tub/shower, a washer/dryer, and ample storage space. In between the second guest bedroom and the living room is the sunroom-style home office. This room makes the ideal place to work from home with all of the natural light, desk, and comfortable chair!
Also located on the grounds is a separate golf cart parking lot with charging station. One off street parking space is supplied with this apartment. There is also complimentary street parking on the waterfront side of E. Battery Street to accommodate additional cars or guests!
Please note: This apartment is entirely private and located on the third floor of a bigger home which is occupied by the homeowner. The stairway and elevator are shared.
Utilities (water, electricity, WiFI) included in rental rate.
Dogs can be negotiated with a $250/pet fee!
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests staying with Duvet Homes have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch, dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $30 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $50 per person: Saturdays
Monthly passes can be purchased for a discounted rate *Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Seasonality, Weather factors, and are first come, first serve, so please make sure to confirm operating hours for the dates of your stay. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 6 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 6+ rent a Cabana.
All guests must be at least 25 years or older to access the Club and must consent (in writing) to the Club Rules and Regulations.
*Please also note that Duvet Homes is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Supplied With Each Stay:
We provide enough of the following items to get you started: Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion), Mini Dish/Laundry Detergents & Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Other Things To Note:
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated. Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this apartment is in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Rainbow Market Shopping Center. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or TD Arena. Looking to get your feet wet? Jet skiing, kayaking and parasailing adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 250 per pet, per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Vacation rental home tips:
Money saving strategies:
- The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. To find the most suitable rental home for your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite Charleston area restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Some property managers offer promotional rates for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Property management companies typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which often include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Choosing and booking yourrental:
- Start by selecting potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Waterfront Living at The William Ravennel House! Stunning Apartment in Mansion! has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally available online. Otherwise, call the property owner before booking your home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area beach you crave, search for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Tips for your stay:
- Put the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you're out! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- To make sure that no damages are linked to your family's visit, note any problem areas during check in. Make contact with the property manager immediately to record your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers bothering your peaceful home. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all belongings. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager is not available, remember to take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on good reviews to drive future bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- White Point Garden - 0.1 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.2 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.5 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.5 miles