- As low as $162/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Porch or lanai
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This striking historic home was constructed in 1852 and completely restored in 2018! This two bedroom, two and a half bathroom home features original ceiling beams, fireplaces, doors and impressive heart of pine floors. Within walking distance to many eateries, bars, and stores, this is the ideal home base to discover all that Charleston has to offer!
The kitchen features a Viking gas stove, granite counter tops and soft close drawers. There is a dining area and table that can effortlessly entertain and seat four. The living room is a enormous comfortable area where you can relax and watch the intelligent TV on the couch, or work from home at the desk!
Upstairs you will find the master bedroom that opens up to the second story piazza. This room is cozy and cavernous with an original fireplace, incredible set of constructed in cabinets for storage and a constructed in queen sized bed. The second bedroom also has a queen sized bed and an adorable loft i that is comfortably accessible from the mahogany ladder. This loft is the ideal place to store suitcases or any additional items! Both bathrooms upstairs have huge, tiled showers with frameless glass doors. The full size washer/dryer are located in a closet just outside the second bedroom. There is also TONS of additional storage! In the master, there is a nook above the bathroom, 3 hallway closets and a nook under the stairway.
One parking space is supplied with this home. It is located 300ft from the home.
Neighborhood - Cannonborough/Elliotborough:
The home is located in the heart of the gorgeous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston's classic appeal. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Pink Cactus, Chubby Fish, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Browns Court Bakery located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, book stores, and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Other things to note:
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated. Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with Your Home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! The link to book your time will be supplied with your move in instructions. To visit the Campus, you must reserve a spot at least 24 hours in advance. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness. *Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Holidays and Seasonality factors, so please make sure to check the Wonderer site for their hours. Please also note that Duvet Homes is not the Wonderer and offers this amenities complimentary. If access is not possible to the Wonderer during your stay, there will not be any inconvenience credits awarded, any issues must be taken up directly with The Wonderer staff*
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Mini Dish/Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Getting the best vacation property experience:
Finding your perfect vacation home:
- Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in the Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer special rates for veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which often include special offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by choosing potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your group requires. Its a 10! - Spacious DT 2br/2.5ba has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible online. If you don't see them listed, call the host before booking your rental. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a particular Charleston area destination you crave, look for homes that are either near by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or charges might be applied to your invoice.
Some things to know before you go:
- We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be an excellent resource to find the best local spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a great vacation? Most rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles