- 8 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kitchen Island
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyEscape the chilly Winter to Charleston! Long term stay options available.
Suitable for a group stay in the heart of Downtown Charleston!
This newly redone, 1852 Charleston single has two units that combine to create a luxe eight-bedroom, six-bathroom home centrally located in Downtown Charleston. All the historic grace & modern luxuries desired for a ideal Charleston holiday!
✦Exquisite natural light
✦Preserved wood floors & historic accents
✦Open concept kitchen, dining & living spaces
✦Artsy-vintage interior design
✦Two furbished, open-air porches
✦Brief walk to Upper King St Shopping & Dining District
This 8 bedroom, 6 bathrooms historic home is a rare find in Downtown Charleston!
Please inquire about long term units.
Recently refreshed and professionally designed, this duplex has very private bedrooms, plenty of bathrooms, and inviting furnishings. The two entirely-supplied kitchens, coupled with two dining spaces, make this home ideally suited for groups. The superior natural lighting, preserved wood floors, and open concept floor plan top this home off as one of the choice of the most attractive in Downtown Charleston.
City of Charleston issued OPERATIONAL PERMIT # OP2020-01511 & #OP2020-01512
✦House Layout - Although the home is split into an upstairs and downstairs apartment, each unit has sizable, open-concept common areas that give abundant space for groups to spend time together.
✦Dining Space: The dining table in each unit seats 8 people. The kitchen island in each unit adds bar stool seating for 4 additional people. Each apartment pleasantly seats 10-12 people.
✦Beds: Six of the eight bedrooms have queen beds. The remaining two bedrooms offer a bunk bed (each bunk bed has two single beds). The couch in each living room pulls out for an additional sleeping option. Please notify the host in advance if planning to use the pull out couch.
✦Parking: Off-street parking at the back of the unit can accept up to four cars. Guest flexibility is mandatory when both units in the building are booked to avoid blocking each other. The driveway accepts for additional stacked parking should groups need additional space.
✦Most superb Neighborhood in Charleston! Cannonborough/Elliotborough lies adjacent to all the action of upper King Street. Characterized by historic homes, modest local businesses, and neighborhood eateries, our neighborhood is ever-evolving and full of life. All while being within a mile of King Street!
Family Animals are allowed with prior approval.
This is a legal, City of Charleston allowed, brief term rental. Please be aware that some listings found outdoor of the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood may not be allowed to operate as brief term units/B&Bs. Illegal listings are subject to being closed down, forcing the cancellation of all reservations. Our neighborhood is the only allowed brief term rental area in the city. City of Charleston - OP 2018-00353
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and vacation rental properties supply Charleston area area travel discount guides which include coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are you able to shift your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer terrific rates on daily rental properties.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacation goers of the same property. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of vacationers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. If there's a specific Charleston area atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed a result of medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping families with booking, check-in, house cleaning, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
Below are great tips and tricks to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book a great rental property:
Do you believe "? The Sanctuary on Spring ?" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming family vacation? Read this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked very early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Choose a Town and Time
Quite often, the toughest part of planning your trip is deciding where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, the rest becomes easier.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you should have. Remember that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your group. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Make sure that "? The Sanctuary on Spring ?" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. One member of your party will need to be responsible for getting repayments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group searching for? Do you only desire a rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in town, or near shopping? Will the property have bicycles and beach toys available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Do certain people in your crew have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure to include your pets. While a number of vacation rentals allow family pets, guidelines and charges vary per property. Examine your contract thoroughly! Charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
It Is Time to Search
Once the place, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local companies frequently have an exclusive selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company might know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Rental home management companies and property owners often offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should tragedy strike.
After you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make certain no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be useful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Local people should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to make certain you've gathered all belongings.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give reviews. If the property and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you should note that in your review.
Did everybody have a good time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Otherwise, you have acquired useful rental search experience that will help with the next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles